Anyone else suffer with anal skin tags?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease last August so still a newbie! I had agonising anal skin tags at the start of(what I now know) two long crohns flares. Is this just s coincidence or has anyone else experienced this?

I feel like I might be getting one now I don’t want another flare right now! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Penelope sorry to hear you are having to cope with the anal skin tags. I was diagnosed in 2010 after doing over 50 bowel screening, I had been to doctor repeatedly and was told I had Irritable Bowel. I found my skin tags but at the time thought they were piles so was piling (sorry for that) the pile cream on hoping to get rid. It wasn't until I had another colonoscopy in 2011 that they were indeed skin tags, mine have been there for ages and don't disappear they appeared before a flare up and I have had several flare ups since and they are still there, I try to forget about them but when you having a flare and at toilet after every meal they do get a bit sore. I have been told I am going to have an investigation under anaesthetic  in May as the doctor cant get good look having colonoscopy because I have trouble tolerating them hoping that yours don't give you too much trouble, as if the Crohns wasn't bad enough its all the other things that go with it. Take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.