Anyone else with fibro get lots of phlegm?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been getting lots of phlegm over the past three weeks, I don't know if it's another fibro symptom or something else I should maybe go to the docs to check out. Anyone else with fibro get lots of phlegm? I've also been getting lots of pains between the shoulder blades on the spine, shoulders, rib cage and chest so i don't know if that's related to the excessive phlegm production, alongside the other usual non-related pains in the neck, hips and groin.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Not sure I get it a lot in the morning, but usually throughout day not too bad. The condition does make me thirsty so could phlegm be a symptom for that? Go to docs if you're worried, particularly as you say you get chest pains.

• Posted

Yes! After reading an article I discovered it is indeed a symptom. I literally go through a box of Kleenex a week. There is a protocol for treatment using guaifenesin (mucus expectorant). I purchase mine from Costco and take it 2-3 times per day. It really helps. I am not doing the full protocol as directed in the study as the price is quite high, imo.

Elevation of your head in bed also helps at night.

I'm finding allergy season to be a huge challenge for the first time in my life. The additional mucus, fatigue and headaches really bogs me down.

• Posted

thanks WeezieBull, I had some guaifenesin when it started and was thinking of getting some more. I've had itchy skin / scalp the past couple of months and have wondered if the fibro has caused / raised allergies. Looks like it may well do so. I've bought an air purifier to put in the bedroom to see if it helps too.

• Posted

Hi tomatom, I do occasionally although I've just been given a diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome. Been prescribed a cpap machine with a humidifier attached to it. I also like majority of fibromyalgia sufferers, have rib pain, shoulders, chest which I've been told is called costochondritis. I agree with Oompa, see your doc.

Light hugs

X

• Posted

Itching is yet another lovely daily symptom. I bruise myself scratching itches that move around my body. Ice packs and Canna oil salves help the best for me.
    • Posted

I weeziebull69 what is this canna oil and where can one purchase it from? The itching and dark patches are not a good look. And so uncomfortable.
    • Posted

Oompa, I live in Oregon where marijuana is legal. I make my own cannabis trim salve using coconut oil and my crock pot. It relieves the itching and pain.

When I was still working, my bruises would cause people to wonder if my poor husband was doing it to me, which couldn't have been further from the truth!

• Posted

I think I need to move to Oregon. Ok so I can't get the oil, live in the UK and it definitely is not legal here. I've got to look at another way then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.