Anyone else with GA ever been vaccinated for Hep B?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am wondering if any others with GA have had Hep B shot?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

i have Ga for over 10 years i have never had a heb B SHOT

It would be nice to find a similarity

all this time i have given up looking and just hope it dosent spread

• Posted

Hi Lisa

Thanks for sharing info! I hope it does not spread as well for you!

TOO late for me ....I have it everywhere! Not on my face ! Very thankful for that!

Patti

• Posted

Lisa,

Together we are a force to deal with! I wonder why in my entire life I have never heard of Granuloma Annulare?

I also wonder why you here about eczema and psoriasis so much?

I ask my derm if he had any other people with it and he said yes!!!

We are not alone I Dont give up!

Please feel free to talk about GA with me anytime!

• Posted

HIpatti i had my hep B IN 1990 but diddnt get Ga until 2008 i too have it all over my body and like you have not got it on my face either thank goodness. i have had several oral medication but made me ill so wont take anymore did have some derma cream at first but no good. i am very reluctant to use the creams people say seem to help because most of them are steroid which thin the skin so i too have given up.

good luck EVE

• Posted

Evalino,

I know its draining and you try and try and nothing helps the GA ,but we are not alone !

I had no idea there were so many of us to be honest!

Please dont give up as long as we have a voice, and each other to share our experiences, ages, any stressful situations, vaccinations we have got, creams that help,

we can fight this!

HANG STRONG

• Posted

I took the first round of the Hep A vaccine the first week of May last year. Within about 2 weeks I had my first ever Granuloma Annulare outbreak. Needless to say...I did not take the second round. Nothing helps other than Prednisone. My doctor has taken 6 biopsies throughout this process and tried numerous prescriptions. She is definitely trying! I am currently on Prednisone again and will try long term Doxycycline starting Monday. I will be taking 100MG twice daily. Praying it helps!

• Posted

Interesting Donna! I am on DOXY for my Folliculitis, have been for years, and I STILL acquired GA!!! Praying it helps you! I have not tried Predni yet but will ask my DR about it.

I also have Diabetes so not sure if Predni would even be an option for me!!!

Thank you for all your info!

Everything we all share is important to finding remetion or a cure!

• Posted

Hi Donna, I too have found that nothing helps me other than Prednisone. It doesn't take much to stop it. In fact, 5 mg for three days in a row will now stop the flare-ups. I always itch a little and can see that it's still there, but not visable to anyone but me, now. I've never had it on my face. I have had it on my elbows, forearms and hands the worst and forever! All of my life, I've had this cropping up, mostly on my feet and arms until I took Prednisone. I am very sensitive to the sun, and get an itchy rash after much exposure, as well. I believe that GA is autoimmune and every person has different triggers. Soothing it with 100% Aloe Vera works somewhat, so does hydrocortisone cream to some degree. But the only thing that has calmed mine down completely is Prednisone in small doses. Someone mentioned thinning skin from Prednisone and also elevated sugars. I don't see that happening with the small doses of Prednisone I take. I definitely have seen my skin change for the better by taking Vitamin C daily. I don't bruise as easily and my skin has more collagen.

I have been so frustrated in the past with aggravating flare-ups! I sympathize with those who have this going on right now. It's embarrassing and itchy-I get pretty hard to live with when I'm battling full-blown outbreaks. BUT there is hope and for me, it is small doses of Prednisone, when needed. I'm not bothered with it right now. I'm on guard, however! I know that it could come back.

I've had flu vaccines yearly; I'm on levothyroxine due to a complete thyroidectomy; I'm 68 and 10 lbs overweight. I've had a hysterectomy but I don't think that has much affect on GA. I react horribly to mosquito bites or spider bites. I've tried gluen free and less sugars and while that helps a little, I'm a bear eating that way. That's me!

Best to you! I'll watch for updates on those using Prednisone. I'm hoping for the best for you! Debbie

• Posted

One of my last 4 biopsies was to test for an autoimmune disorder. It came back negative...thankfully!

• Posted

i have not had a biopsy of my GA. I assumed that it is an autoimmune respomse, but that has become a catch-all term for all things unexplainable it seems. I just wish there was something besides "cause unknown" and " no known cure".

For me, minimal doses of Prednisone during a flare-up calms it down and eventually the rash does leave. I'm enjoyimg that repreive right now! I'm never completely clear, but no one knows that except me.

• Posted

Hi Patti,

YES...I have had both the Hep B and A vaccines. On my last round of Hep B I had several adverse reactions - beginning with discoid plaques on my wrists and forearms. Because I worked in the garden that day, my doctor thought I had contact dermatitis. My adverse reaction progressed to severe joint pain in my wrists and elbows off and on for about a year....a severe scalp rash with hair loss (most of it grew back....whew!). My doctor and I finally traces all of these weird symptoms back to the vaccine. My GA also began around this time if I recall, but it was only on my elbows and we assumed it had to do with stress. It persisted for years and then moved down to my hands. Dust and excessive handling of paper aggravate it. Finally received a diagnosis of GA. it has worsened over the past year; moving up my arms with large rings. The steroid creams haven't worked (and I'm not super compliant either because it makes the bumps more sensitive and sting). A few years back, cutting out processed foods, grains, and sugars seemed to help... but this could have been coincidence too. However, if GA is an inflammatory response it would make sense that cutting out these items would help with GA. Currently I am trying aloe vera and so far it seems to be helping. The rings and bumps aren't as red or raised. I've been using it for about 1.5 weeks....put it on every night. Keeping my fingers crossed it works.

• Posted

FINGERS CROSSED for you dear! Im sure stress brought mine on, I hope we find a cure or remission soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.