Anyone ever exaggerate symptoms to get urgent scans in A&E?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Before anyone comments with why this is a bad thing - I already understand the pro's and cons. If everyone did it, the NHS would be screwed, thankfully - not everyone does, so I will. The toss up between wasting NHS time and giving myself peace of mind is an easy decision to make for me - I care FAR more about my own health than the NHS's time.

Just wondering if anyone here has ever exaggerated symptoms of pain at A&E to get scans done more urgently? I've been having some bad abdominal pains, indigestion after every meal, a gnawing stomach pain, bloating and a change in toilet habits for about 6 months as well as a number of swollen lymph nodes. I'm seriously considering going to the doctors, pretending to have exruciating pain so that they will scan me for abnormalities. Kinda worried about Pancreatic cancer and since it's known as the 'silent killer' - I can easily justify a small lie to myself.

Anyone else has success with this? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Well to be honest i think more people do it than you think. Why? Because the NHS is s**t and people are waiting for 6+ minths to see consultant's and then months for the correct tests. So why not eh? F**k em!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.