Anyone ever experienced this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been on Sertraline for 4 years now, 50MG, and this last year I’ve been getting poorly all the time, not flu or cold, but like to the point where I’m so drained and tired I literally struggle to move. It lasts for around a week, headaches, hot flushes, just general malaise, then it clears up for a couple of weeks. It’s beconing more persistent now and the symptoms are identical each time. I’m wondering if it’s the tablets. I got my dosage down to 25mg and it wasn’t happening often, now I’m back on 50 it’s all the time. Could they have stopped working? I read somewhere that after being on them for a long time they can make you sick. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

how did you go with this , i have only been on them for 7 weeks and am having the exact same thing

• Posted

i think im dealing with something else but you should go see your gp, side effects can last a couple months

• Posted

cant get in to see him till tuesday so will have to wait it out. i have health anxiety so have convinced myself something bad is going on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.