Anyone ever feel like this

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

This s is probably ging to sound insane, but here goes.  I have been feeling better for a few days close to a week,  Yesterday I was driving home after my chiro appt and out of nowhere I started to think about all this dizziness stuff and bam it started.  I was thinking about why it happen, the enxt thing I know I'm at home and this morning I feel it a little bit.  I am seeing a psychologist about my anxiety over all of this but yesterday I cancelled todays appt as I haven't had anxiety in a few days and felt better, so I thought I'm going to skip a week and see how I do, well that worked out real well, cause here I am back to worrying again.  I also realised my chiro will be ending next week, I"ve been going 3 days a week for 3 months and next week is my last week and then I will be going once a week.  I got my thyroid blood test results yesterday but won't being seeing the endocrinologist until next tuesday, my tsh has gone up slightly from 3.68 to 4.0, it should be around 2.0 but we've been having some issues with it and 3.68 is the lowest its been in 8 months, so I started to worry about that.  I know it just requires alittle med adjustment, but last time I took more my anxiety went up, so guess i'm worried about that.  The dizziness was there last night with the anxiety, I realized that the anxiety was making it worse.  I guess my question is, since I've had this dizzy MAV stuff for a year now and i'm feeling a little better, I'm so used to being not well, that now I could be second guessing feeling a little better and being so used to being sick that now I could be afraid of feeling better and not having to go to doctors a couple of times a week, is worrying me because they are like a reaasurance thing that I'm okay?  Does that make since or sound completely crazy?

I guess I should have kept the psychologist appt.  

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I feel the same way when I feel slightly better. Complete fear it's going to go away and I'm worried about my Chiro benefits running out.  I feel your pain. 

• Posted

For me its crazy to worry about feeling better.  I guess not feeling well for so long I've gotten used to it.  But I'm happy to feel better when I do.  Everyone who knows what i've been going thru, my family, all my docs have all said they can tell things are changing and i"m doing better.  Its a good thing, maybe I just thought i'll be well again and never think about it, but I do remember how it all felt and worried me.  Crazy right, just let it be good, I keep telling myself.  

I hope your benefits don't run out.  I pay for my visits as my insurance doesn't pay for anything until i meet that deductable.  So I cancelled it.

Hope your feeling better to.

• Posted

I feel your pain.  Those days when I feel better I'm almost giddy.  And when it strikes again it's so depressing.  I have vestibular neuritis.  It will be a year in September.  I feel like I'm making very slow progess but progress none the less.  I can move my head around more with less symptoms.  I've done VRT, acupuncture and chiropractic.  I'm trying everything.  One day I was a normal person and the next I had a chronic illness.  

• Posted

I know what you mean, I was normal then not.  I'm doing VRT and when I saw my therapist  Tuesday I told her I had finally gotten to 180 back & forth and up & down head movements of the gaze stabilization exercise, she said thats usually when people begin to have less symptoms.  I have 5 exercises I have to do each day 3 times a day, and with working it can be tough, but I'm doing them at work to now.  I'm not any meds either, I was bound and determined not to have to take the meds, they just scare me to much.  Are you on meds?  

I'm glad we are feeling some progress.

• Posted

I was prescribed meclazine but I'm not taking it.  I'm trying to tough it out.   What excercises are you doing? 

• Posted

I do the gaze stabilization in the sitting position and the standing position, the standing in the corner with a chair in front of me and arms to the sides with me feet as close together as possible and close my eyes for 2 mins, continue to stand there and with eyes closed turn my head to the left count to 3 and then back to the front count of 3 and to the right count of 3 and do that 10 times, for my problem i have with bending forward I have a chair that I put 10 cards down in 3 or 4 rows then I have to bend and pick up one then stand up and look at a focal point for 3 senconds then pick up one more until they are all up.  She just this week wants me to start walking 20 to 30 mins a day.  Thats enough to wear you out but I do them all 3 times a day.  It all seems to be helping, also letting the anxiety about it go some is also a help.  I used to go into panic mode when i got dizzy and the headache, but now I just stay calm and put something on my neck for the muscle ache or use a gel ice pack and take soemthing for my head ache, seems worse when i have the headache and neck pain.  But i'm trying to stay calm now.  

What exercises do you do?

• Posted

Gaze stabilization-Eyes stay fixed on target move head side to side up and down in standing position and on foam rubber. Move target and have head move and follow SS & UD.  Head still, eyes follow target SS & UD.  Walking and moving head SS and then UD while walking.  Throw ball up in air and catch alternating hands.  Pass ball through legs and follow it with eyes.  Balance on each leg on foam if I can.  Sit down stand up 20 times eyes open then closed.  It's a lot.  I had to cut back it was making me worse.  I slowed it down and now I'm starting to pick it back up.  I agree with the anxiety component.  If I start to panic when I have symptoms I get worse.  I working with the acurpuncturist on that.  He's the most calm person I've ever met.  Just started using a gel ice pack on my neck when I feel extra horrible.  

• Posted

Isn't it funny how different our exercises are.  I have MAV and you have VN, Im curious about the foam rubber, is that about balance?  With VN does it effect the balance mostly?  I don't know much about it, sorry.  I know with MAV its about the rocking/swaying dizziness and dizziness in general when sitting, standing and walking.  

How is the acupuncturist helping with the anxiety?  

• Posted

The foam is for balance and to challenge the vestibular system.  My balance is pretty good it's the feeling of brain fog and dizziness when moving my head.  

The acupunturist treats a lot of people with anxiety.  He puts needles in certain pressure points related to my ear and related to anxiety.  

• Posted

To Laurie and Pattie. I'm exasperated so upsetting. I suffered depression and blood clots on my lungs last year...also lost my only brother. Was diagnosed with BPPV in November. A locum GP got me better with Epley. Then in March my mood dropped again. On 24 May it took me FOUR attempts to get out of bed with vertigo. I phoned my docs and the sister sent out two nurses, who said I just had ear wax! But I also had a chest infection. Antibiotics. My own GP has twice since tried Epley, and produced nystagmus, but not resolved the vertigo, tinnitus, fatigue etc. I went to the hospital last Thursday for a follow up re my lungs. I told the doc there about vertigo, imbalance etc. He got me an MRI scan the NEXT day. I have received this morning a copy of a letter sent to my GP, saying he is wondering if I have had "a posterior circulation event".....a stroke. Well you can imagine what kind of day I've had? I can't speak to either my GP, or the consultants secretary

• Posted

Hi Patty,

I am a firm believer in therapy... for almost everyone could benefit from therapy at some point in their lives.  I think you should continue to keep those appts, even though you will have times that you feel better.  I don't think your dizziness is all anxiety, but I do know that certain people react more to unpleasantness in lives than others.  I do that. If it isn't dizziness, it could be something else undesirable that could potentially trigger anxiety.  Maybe tell the therapist that you need reassurance.  The therapist can "replace" those frequent dr visits, if that makes sense.  I also tend to ruminate on things... all part of GAD (general anxiety disorder).  I call it kind of "obsessive" thinking, but not OCD. Ruminate is the correct word..   When it has been at its worst, I have had to use SSRIs, which really help with GAD.  Anti-anxiety drugs don't help so much, just with panic attacks. 

I also can say that I can think I am getting better-feeling fantastic, then have a bad run of days.  It's kinda depressing, because I can't always trace back to a reason for it.  So I just try to deal and enjoy the days I feel great, which are many nowadays.  But I totally understand that "thinking you are better" then BAM. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.