Anyone ever had an injection to stop swelling?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am about 2.5 months past my surgery and I've continued to have swelling after the right hydrocele operation.  

The urologist said it is internal bleeding from where he operated on the hydrocele and it hasn't fully clotted.  He says it is some type of hematoma.  I went to another Urologist and he says it should eventually stop bleeding, but so far it hasn't.

My surgeon has had to drain it 3 times with a syringe since my surgery.

Now he wants to try injecting a medicine that he says will help "gum up" the bleeding.  I tried to look it up online, but I must have spelled it incorrectly.  I will call his office tomorrow to find out for sure what it is.

But I was just wondering if anyone else had an injection to help stop the swelling or bleeding?

Thanks

Larry33611

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.