Anyone ever have CA125 levels above 9000 and SURVIVE

Posted , 3 users are following.

DR Suspects OVARIAN CANCER as there still waiting for BIOPSY RESULTS from tumors on inside of my stomach and my CA125 levels were over 9000 ?.. They already drained 2liters of fluid from a mass near my lower abdomen as ive lost alot of weight already and that didnt help me regain my appetite as they said it would ?.. Will THEY STILL OFFER ME CHEMO IN MY PHYSICAL STATE ?????

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

are u being fed by tube until you regain your appetite ? mabe it might be worth thinking about if not as it will help to give u the nutrients that u are not getting ..if they think that chemo is an option they will give it to u i expect they will wait for all results to come back before they put a treatment plan of some kind in place

• Posted

i guess it also depends on what county you are in aswel some countries they try to remove as much of the tumours as possible then they give chemo etc in other countries they give chemo first then start removing its better for them to wait until all results are in then they can get a better picture on how they will treat it i wish u all the best

• Posted

NO I am still at home waiting to go to doctor appt next week but was worried that they may NOT EVEN OFFER ME CHEMO Given my physical state

• Posted

when my son was diagnosed with cancer we was told not to look at survival statistics and to stay off google as that is all they are statistics noone can give u the answer of weather u will survive or not its all on how well your body responds to treatment etc and your case is different from everyone elses just because other people may not survive it dosnt mean that you wont

• Posted

I Really appreciate it I really do thanks I just didn’t know if anybody has similar situation being stage for ovarian cancer with the sea levels above 9000 if they are able to even receive chemo

• Posted

my son passed away after a 7 year battle i wish you all the best can u post back and let me know what they put in place for you

• Posted

I was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer in 2002. You have to wait for your results next week, and I know that will be the longest week of your life. If I can be of help and support to you, please keep in touch. I am in Australia. Sending you positive vibes.

• Posted

Thank you and it is stage 3as well : START CHEMO NEXT WEEK

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, but it's not the end of the world. It won't be easy, I know. If you have faith in your doctors and medical team, do exactly as you are told. If possible, join a support group. This was a major thing in my situation. I am still here 17 years after diagnosis. If I can be of any support at all, please contact me privately. Chemo is not always awful. Hope to hear from you. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.