Anyone ever use a TENS machine for neck/shoulder pain??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I get tense, sore shoulders and am constantly cracking my neck. Wondering if a TENS machine would be a good investment for me. 

Just wanted to know if anyone has used one for this purpose and if so, which type? 

Thanks, 

Agirl xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I've been using a TENS machine for my upper back, shoulders and neck on and off for about a year and it's been a godsend.  I've had chronic back pain for 16 years and TENS machine helps to keep it under control most of the time.  It's probably a good idea not to completely rely on it though.  I also do daily stretches and have regular massages.
    • Posted

Thanks Melanie, I had forgotten about this and funny enough my neck has been bothering me since yesterday. I will have a look in to getting one. Great advice, thanks! smile 
  • Posted

I use TENS unit</a> for couple of months. It seems working so far. But it is like painkiller. So It will ease pain temporarily. So you should definitely make some extra exercise that will help your neck pain go away in addition to TENS machine. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.