Anyone experience dizziness with anxiety??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have alwasy been a worrier about anything to do with health but its been made worse after the loss of my son (stillborn) and me blaming myself for it (thinking it MUST have been my body that let him down ). Anyway, since then every little thing sets me off and i think im gonna die. Ive got a health issue at the moment for which ive been referred to the hospital urgently (blood in my pee) but whats worrying me is that ive been feeling dizzy and not like myself for weeks. Its just a feeling of wooziness and lightheadedness. I also get stomach pains in stressful situations and have had ringing in my ears for a few weeks now. Ive also lost weight but ive put that down to the stomach symptoms and the fact ive not been as much due to feeling so anxious all the time.

Could this dizziness be due to the anxiety im experiencing at the moment and not the terminal cancer ive self-diagnosed!!!

anyone else have these symptoms instead of the usual heart-racing/palpitatoins that everyone else seems to get with anxiety

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicola,so sorry for your loss xx I've been extremely lightheaded dizzy every minute of everyday for 22 months now it has totally ruined my life most days it's so bad I can't walk,I have many other symptoms ringing ears pressure in ears,terrible pains all over my body funny vision nausea short breathe wheezing headaches this is everyday and I could list many more but I won't bore you lol.ive had many many tests and they come back all clear and every professional I see says it's anxiety but I do struggle to believe it would make me this ill everyday but doctors try to reassure me it is I can't really offer you any advice as I can't help myself but wanted you to know you are not alone in this struggle.my little boy is autistic and I also blame myself for that even though docs say it's just one of those things.here if you need to chat take care xxxx 
    • Posted

thank you mango, im sorry you are going through this it must be awful for you to have had this for so long. I find the symptoms horrible and i dont have them as bad as you seem to have them. I just feel spaced out and not like myself. i feel like i went to bed a few weeks ago a happy mum and woke up totally different if that makes sense. I also get the headaches nearly everyday. i wake up and my head feels really thick as if im hungover. I have another little boy now whose 15 months old so these symptoms are affecting me looking after him im just hoping they pass. You are not to blame for your son being autistic and im not to blame with me losing my first baby (took me a long time to realise this even though my consult told me nothing could have been done because basically it was the placenta which we women have no control over). I think its just that we are so protective of our babies/little ones we take all the responsibility. Your doctors say your symptoms are due to anxiety ....have they prescribed you anything or arranged any further help? surely they cant just see you struggling with all these symptoms and say basically deal with it its only anxiety. xxx
    • Posted

Hi I've tried every med going but they all make me worse so doc says no more meds I've had a course of cbt and been paying £60 a hour for private councelling but gave this up last week as after 6 months didn't feel that was helping doc has referred me for more cbt she feels awful she can't help me but basically she admits she dosnt know what to do she says if she refers me to a pshychatrist or rheumy they will just give me pills because the mental health team in essex are crap docs words not mine.i struggle to get my little boy to school everyday xxx 
  • Posted

Hi Nicola, so sorry for your loss, like you I have constant dizziness, ringing in my ears, feel sick, headaches and many other symptoms I also had palpitations but doc put me on propranolol and they have stopped the palpitations but the dizziness is driving me insane, doc thinks my age has got a lot to do with the anxiety so started me on hrt last week so hopefully things might start to improve soon but who knows if it will or not im not convinced but im willing to try anything if it will get me out of this living hell.Have you tried hypnosis?there are some on you tube I find they are quite good to help you relax when your starting to feel a bit out of sorts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.