Anyone experience squeezing in their heart?

Posted , 5 users are following.

i know this is a "palpitations" group and not necessarily "chest pain". but I am a long-time suffer of palpitations that are finally under control with beta blockers. 25mg but what’s been scaring me lately is every few days or so I will feel a squeeze in my heart that lasts for a few seconds. Like someone is literally squeezing my heart from the inside. Usually when I am at rest with no physical activity. No other symptoms accompany this feeling other than sometimes it happens in the middle of the night and I wake up sweaty and my left arm is numb. I have gotten multiple echoes and Holter monitor tests all came back fine. I do suffer from acid reflux but it doesn’t feel like those are connected. I feel like my cardiologist is getting tired of me always thinking something is wrong with my heart. But I don’t want to miss something. Would you guys keep pushing for even more tests? or just trust that everything is OK and live my life?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

well i had Angiogram and the said weak heart muscle so every day i try and waĺk about 4 kilometers . but i have also found drinking warm water helps a lot i feel better .

• Edited

Try to deal with your acid reflux. There is a link between poor digestion and palpitations via the autonomous nervous system.

• Posted

I occasionaly get the feeling my heart is being squeezed, or sometimes as if it is being poked by the blunt end of a pencil, or sometimes as if something is being tugged. Sometimes these feelings are strong enough to make me gasp. I mentioned these to my cardiologist, all he suggested was to take out my loop monitor that I no longer need saying something about scar tissue around the implant but I dont think its that.

• Posted

if you have an implanted heart device, what did you get diagnosed with? my cardiologist cleared me from my multiple holters, and echos. im thinking that any sensation in my heart is catastrophic. sucks to deal with, and im sorry youre dealing with stuff as well

• Posted

This doesn't mean you have the same thing as I, the symptoms of what I had were completely different and your cardiologist would have picked it up.

I was diagnosed with RVOT Monomorphic Sustained Ventricular Tachycardia.

My MRI did pick up other things though such as mild mid LAD disease and enlarged atrial. Some of my heart pains might even be from the ablation they gave me to cure my VT

• Posted

The give me betablock but it did not agree with me. the the give me instead losartan

50 mg it was better than betsablock for me i also have spirilon and salurex and dennec 1quater tablet twice a day. i also ask if i can take multivitamin as well Doctor he said its okay.

• Posted

Hi!

what beta blockers helped with your palpitations? im 22 years old, and i suffer from terrible feelings of skipped beats. it feels like my heart skips and flutters in my chest. sometimes its lasts for a few seconds and scares the crap out of me. did you experience this?

• Posted

yes, all the time. but now im on 25 mg of metoprolol a very low dose and i hardly ever feel them. i would ask your doc if this is an option for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.