Anyone experienced anger on this med?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been on 75mg for 2 1/2 weeks and on 150mg for 6 weeks. I am very angry, restless, keep jiggling my legs up and down when i sit, intense nervous anxiety.

I take it for anxiety.

Did you ever experience this and how long did it take to go away?

Thankyou!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have not experienced this but we are all different when it comes to antidepressant medication. Can you discuss with GP over the phone or Pharmacist?

• Posted

will endure 2 more weeks to really give it a shot before changing dose, talked to doc today, thankyou

• Posted

Yes. i had to get off this medication due to what you describe. Didn't go away.

In my opinion and experience this medication is not very friendly and it's very slow to get off after being on it for a while. I decided to switch to a psychiatrist instead of my family physician who had been prescribing it for me. This was the best decision for me.

• Posted

too much too soon. needed to give your body time to adjust to the 75mg in my opinion. effexor may not be for you. switch to something else if you can. effexor is one of those antidepressants that has really bad withdrawal side effects when trying to come off so im not surprised its producing similar side effects while on it

• Posted

Depending on the condition you are suffering from and possibly some medications, can cause what you describe. If you have these concerns try Mindfulness, Relaxation Technique that could help calm your mood.

Some mental health concerns broadcast these problems, also the mood can also change in a more positive outlook just as quickly. If you have talked to your GP that is fine. These medications can have side affects, they need upwards of five weeks to start working, then help you relax

BOB

• Posted

The anger and jitteriness has subsided and the dark, dreadful anxiety has come back. Only relief is xanax and writing to strangers on different forums, i hope it will get better soon. I am 6 weeks and 3 days on 150mg and will continue for a few weeks more to see if it will have any effect.

• Posted

I took this for 10 years for anxiety. I found that 150mg was too activating but 75mg worked for me. At such a low dose the drug acts more like a SSRI rather than a SNRI

• Posted

I was on this med for about 10 years and noticed anger and irritability in the last year or so before I stopped Venlafaxine completely and switched to Sertraline.

Ed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.