Anyone experienced sweating every time you sleep for a year . Is this peri menopause?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello , has Anyone had sweats everytime they sleep when going through peri. If do does this mean im getting close to menooause? Is a year too long for this to be going on . It's every night and since I have missed my menstrual cycle for two months it has turned into drenching sweats . It's not hot flashes I just wake up and have to change my clothes , it's so bad. I used to do that rarely but now I have to change my top, and sometimes my papajama pants because they are damp too. Please help ... also woke up shaky today . Just feel awful . So tired of this. I was told I was in peri menopause a year ago. Always Had regular periods except for one or two I missed a year but not in a row like this time . Sometimes a week late rarely. I don't know what to think about all this drenching sweat every night since i missed 2 periods . and the nightly sweating the past year . Any one experienced this please tell me.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've been having nightsweats since my late 20s!

Now I get them usually before my period is coming on. I'll sweat my pillow soaked.

Let me know if you end up getting yours.

• Posted

I can't believe you said that I also had sweating in my late 20s. I noticed a pattern to it though. It was related to eating sugary foods. I also have had sweats for the past 5 years a week before my period starts I havnt talked to anyone else that said they did that to. I just figured I must be an odd ball

• Posted

Hi Suzanne, I wanted to let you know that I had some spotting . Nothing like my normal monthly cycle. I have only had to use a couple of panty liners since yesterday . Im thinking im at the end of this. Rather im praying I am due to the symptoms I have started having last couple of days especially. A headache and tension in my neck muscles tension. Can you relate to this or have you had similar ?

• Posted

Tam, I get everything. Including headaches and neck stuff.

Doesn't surprise me that you ended up spotting. I was getting that, but now I'm back to getting normal periods, but skipping some months. This cycle I felt completely dreadful the week leading up to it and noticed night sweats.

• Posted

HI TAM! I have experienced night sweats every night for long periods of time for about four years, that started getting worse and i thought the time was coming, i am 52 the sweats got worse also to the point where i would get cold and i mean cold chills afterward,,, i missed to periods after so many ups and downs with my cycle, the next month i got what is called a flood my first one it was horrible so i guess here i go again... my point is all this stuff goes up and down it is mentally disturbing to me, and i guess it can go on for up to ten years as i said i am about at 4 to 5 years........❤️❤️❤️ SOUNDS PRETTY NORMAL TO ME JUST TRY TO HOLD ON WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU!!!!

• Posted

Hi Beverly, thank you so much for your reply. I am so glad to know the sweating can go on like this . It's a relief to know it's been experienced but not a relief to experience it . I know it could be a lot worse and is for some in many ways . I hear women say they had heavier more frequent periods and one day they just stopped. Trust me I don't want heavy periods I just want them and these sweats to stop. Thank you for your encouragement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.