Anyone experienced the same, advice and comments appreciated

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 17 I have chairi and syringomyelia, a few days ago I expericence severe pain and when I touched my head it was almost as if I had a soft spot (almost like a baby's soft spot). When you touch the certain sport it is servere pain and if I move my hair bet lightly it feels like someone is pulling it really hard, it is on the right side at the crown... I have been to the hospital and they have discharged me again with no reason or explanation of what it could be.

Wondering if anyone has experience the same thing or similar?

Danielle X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle, I've never experienced what you describe but I do get a sensation of like ants crawling over my scalp. I've just put anything like that down to irritated nerve endings becaus e of all the problems we have. Remember as well that we are all different and what one person experiences another might not have the same. X
  • Posted

I expirience sharp "ice pick" pain on the right side of my crown above the ear; each time it only lasts for a short while. I have heard of it happening to others.
    • Posted

Hiya Yeltzer😄, yes they are ice pick headaches, one of the symptoms of Chiari, mine were always on the top of my head but they can be anywhere.  Hope that helps X
  • Posted

I'm having lots of sensitive symptoms moving hair and tightening feeling since had decompression surgery 1yr 6month ago. It's all on one side of head.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.