Anyone experiencing weight loose on BP medication !!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I am 34 yrs old, 170cm, current weight 64 kg. I am on BP medication since August 2019 Enalapril (ACE Inhibitors) + Amlodipine (CCB). My doctor change my prescription From Amlodipine to Propanolol (BB) due to multiple side effects & Primary stage of Tachycardia. Almost 2 weeks with combination of Enalapril 10mg + Propanolol 10mg is going much better with a MILD tiredness, dry mouth, dizziness. Sometimes at night before bed-time around 10 pm, I feel so dizzy & nausea's which left me flat down in the bed. Within 15 to 20 min, it disappears. I have noticed that I am loosing weight since (September)I start taking BP Medication. Yes, I have controlled my food habits, stop smoking & alchohol almost 4 months due to High blood pressure. Have lost almost 7.5 kg. Does anyone experiencing anything like that ? ?

Thanks In Advance !! image

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've taken an ARB and a beta blocker for years, also have used amlodipine in the past - none ever caused me any weight loss. Amlodipine did cause side-effects and I dropped it.

I'm going to guess it's your changed diet which is responsible?

And - congratulations!

• Posted

Thanks jx41870, How are you ?

Hopefully It would be the changes in diet. Talked to Doctor and he asked to test parathyroid FT3, FT4, TSH on next visit. Also excision + biopsy of cervical lymph node on right neck. I had a lymph node surgery before about 9 years ago. Everything is fine, just loosing weight kind of concerns me. I have appetite but not like before. Thanks to GOD that BP medication is still stable & out of hectic side effects.

• Posted

I'm doing well enough, all things considered, LOL. Thanks.

When you said you lost 7.5kg I just assumed that was good news, it would be for me! Of course if it happens too fast it could be a sign of problems so it's good to check, if there's any question.

Good luck.

• Posted

I was prescribed blood pressure meds back in August and my weight did drop 10 pounds but mostly from stress and anxiousness as I was 19 and was trying to figure why I had high blood pressure but now that I've come to terms with it I have regained my weight. It is probably from you changing you eating habits that that happened. It doesn't seem too concerning, but if you continue to drop in weight I would say past 15 pounds especially if you're stress free and eating full meals and not heavy in weight already then I would definitely see a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.