Anyone familiar with the Stretta procedure for curing reflux?

Posted , 28 users are following.

It doesn't have to be from someone who's necessarily HAD the Stretta - although hearing first hand experience would be awesome - but just anyone who knows about it and/ or has an opinion on it one way or another.

I'm about to have the Stretta performed in the coming month if all my tests indicate, so would love to get additional thoughts on it if possible.

2 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Barrets,

As you may know my GI said I have mild barrets.  Put me PPI's and sent me home- He said surgery is not an option for me right now.  He also said barrets is reversible.

As you may know I have no reflux symptoms besides moderate bloating sometimes, sphincter is working fine and normal acid levels.  Gi said it may be bile reflux because my gall-blatter was removed 18 months ago.   I do have chest pain, rib-cage pain and lack of air which GI said is not related to barrets.

I'm considering a stretta therapy with another GI  and will like to know your opinion on this.  Based on some Doctors and studies PPI's are not helping with barrets and in my case I really see no use if I have no other symptom.   I eat healthy and don't have much stress besides the pain.

Any opinion is appreciated ;-)  God Bless!

• Posted

hi my name is sami .

I have had sore throat and difficulty in talking for one year and I cant lay down after eating so I believe its reflux

I did the stretta one year ago and since then the improvment is around 20-25%

iam off medication now but the sore throat is less but not subside specially in the morning and after havy meal

my doctor suggest to do it again it will give more improvment dunno abt that

• Posted

UPDATE:  After many years and still no answer to my questions I had to dig in a little further by getting  the Heidelberg Reflux test.  Like expected, I'm low on acid and not high. MD/Functional put me on Betaine/Pepsin plus Enzymes. He also suggested Aloe vera and Licorice for gastritis and to protect esophagus.  I don't know if this is going to help me, what I do know is that PPI's or GI's did not.  I also stopped all medications including Diazepam which I took for 2 1/2 years which I believe was part of the problem by allowing the valve to open. This was almost 5 months ago and thanks God I did not have any severe withdraw plus I believe I can breathe a little better now. So I guess instead of helping the medication was making my breathing worse.   Now, the GI did suggest I take an old school low dose anti-depresser for chest pain which I refused ( you all know why, read above) Plus, with all this daily pain but I'm not depressed. ;-) But lately I seen in many forum members saying that after years of reflux chest pain the Doc gave them similar medication and chest pain is gone.  So maybe this is a nerve issue and not reflux, like the GI suspects. Any comments, suggestions?  Thanks!!!

• Posted

Hey

It's been a long time since your post

But i hope of getting a response from you.. I am from india and suffering GERD. Doctor asked me for surgery but i want to go for Stretta.

I would like to know how was your experience with Stretta

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.