anyone feel like me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I was diagnosed anxiety disorder 3 years ago and using a paraxotine (30mg). Since 2006, I had panic attacks and used a different type of antidepressant. Everything was okay till 1 week ago, I started to feel a terrible headache which started all of my fears and negative thoughts again. I went to the emergency care, waited for 3 hours but can not see any doctor. It increased my fear and anxiety more. My legs started to shake and I started gagging. That night, I woke up with shakes and heart palpitation (which makes me think, ''Here we go, my anxiety disorder started again'', ''Is it going to be bad like the last one'', ''How I am going to cope with it this time'' etc. I called all anxiety helplines and went to my GP. He referred me a group theraphy, I am going to theraphy tomorrow. My symptoms and feelings are: gagging, lack of appetite, lack of sleep, lack of energy, shakes, cold hands, feeling desperate, scared of not being happy again, blaming myself that how couldn't I control it, scared of getting worse, scared of not being able to eat and sleep. But my biggest fear is what if I cant be happy and anxiety free again. Had anyone feel those things before? Please, reply me help me. I feel really weak and lost all of my self confidence.   

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel the exact same I'm only 17 years old and my anxiety has been on going for 3-4 months now and I Duno how to cope with it no more
    • Posted

I had a very bad anxiety attack this morning and it's left me bed ridden😞 I deal with the aches and pains of my anxiety everyday😞
  • Posted

I empathize for you, it sounds like your in a bad way with so many things to worry about. I'm wondering if you were ever diagnosed with any real physical problems, things that could be identified, and, not in your mind? The reason I'm asking is I was diagnosed with an aggressive prostate cancer in 2005, being treated for hypertension, and lost a daughter some years ago. Many reasons to blow my mind if I allow it to happen, however, maybe because of my personality, or whatever the reason, I will not let my mind take control negatively, it takes the fun out of life. I'm not making light of your situation because I was once trapped in that cycle of fear which I managed to control without drugs, or therapy, I stopped being scared of me, and my thoughts, but of course we are all different. When you realize your bullying yourself, you will be on the road to recovery, anyway that's how I see this anxiety thing is that's given so much credibility, that it doesn't deserve.
  • Posted

It is usual to have those thoughts when you are anxious and I think group therapy will really benefit here because you will meet others who will present the same thoughts and feelings as you, showing you they are normal. Try to question the rationale of them. It is a big confidence knock to feel anxious and afraid but I do not think it is even possible for you to not feel happy again. The only thing that is certain in life, is change. And I could bet my life on it that you will feel happy and anxiety free again. 

Have a look at some self help CBT.

You are identifying the thoughts you are having which is great. Awareness leads to change. What would happen if instead of thiking here we go again you told yourself that you are only going to feel as anxious as you allow and do some deep breathing for the next 10 minutes. If you coped with it before, your current success rate is 100% so what evidence do you have that you will not cope? 

What would you say would not be coping and how likely is that to happen?

I have a spell of depression and worried it would come back and I wouldnt be happy again. And I want to reassure you that I am happy now. x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.