Anyone feel like this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i'm 20 years old ; i feel like i cant breathe some days, i've got chest tightness but it is more of a heavy feeling than anything, not actual acute pain. i fear deeply that i am dying and i've got pain in my back, the back of my neck and the front of my neck especially, feels weirdly tender - i've had blood tests, lung scans , ecg tests and neck ct scans .... all came back perfectly healthy i dont know what to do ? doctors all say anxiety but it doesn't seem plausible, i think i'm dying. I do have an anxiety problem, but these symptoms just do not make any sense at all to me ... has anyone had a similar experience ? especially with a tender front neck ???

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

you’re OK. Believe it or not stress and anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms including chest tightness, pain in the muscles of the back, neck, even front of neck. I have had all those symptoms plus many more. All my tests were normal and yes it turns out that my stress and anxiety was the culprit. This was over 30 years ago. So I want you to know that these symptoms caused by stress and anxiety will not hurt you. your testing was normal if there was something serious it would have shown up in the test.

people get all kinds of aches and pains and 99% of those are nothing serious. Another thing is do you sit all day at a computer? That can also cause the muscle tightness and even pain. I had to go to physical therapy for mine.

Concentrate now on what is causing your anxiety. Work? Family? relationships? Perhaps you need some counseling to get this anxiety under control.

also, Learning the proper way to breathe when you have anxiety really gets things under control. There are all sorts of mindfulness breathing exercises found on YouTube. I practiced these daily as well as listen to meditations for anxiety.

get support for your anxiety because it’s difficult to try to manage alone. I hope you feel better soon take care and you’re going to be fine!

• Posted

i just feel as though i'm dying, i've got pains in my jaw, ears feel weird and now a pain in my abdominal region that i really hope is just my adrenal gland firing off ; i do hope this is some sort of anxiety i do not want to die young

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.