Anyone feeling jittery over Christmas?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm getting more anxious with the thought of Christmas, relatives visiting, entertaining them, catering for them and wondering how I'm going to feel on the day or hide the way I feel even because no two days are the same with me. Over the years we follow the same routine but I'm just not the same person and I'm so afraid of letting them down. That's the trouble with anxiety, you can't plan anything but can only hope for the best. I used to love it but now I just want it over. Anyone else affected by Christmas?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

On 5mg from 10 for several months but still waiting for stabilisation. Seems like it will never end😊

• Posted

I'm the same about Christmas....well about everything in general really. it's always worse building up the actual event is never as bad x

on the day you will be fine I promise x hows the general anxiety atm?

• Posted

its called waves and windows, once you settle it will all calm down, i had a brutal day yesterday but i just try to roll with it as when i have a good day im the happy person i was before this drug!

• Posted

Hi, thanks for replying.

Anxiety heightened a little lately, thinking of all the things I have to do and hoping I get through it. I'm trying to stabilise on my reduced dose, I get good days, although my last real good day was about two weeks ago. I'm also on a different brand of citalopram and I notice a difference there too.

At least there is a glimmer of hope on the good days so I'm hoping for another one soon. Probably the thought of Christmas is holding it back.

How are you doing?

• Posted

Hi Toria

We've spoken before and I know you've been having a rough time with reducing with so many symptoms.

It's weird how we can feel good one day and absolutely dreadful the next. So many times I've thought I had turned the corner only to take a set back again the next day.

Thank goodness we can vent on here.

Best wishes for a peaceful Christmas and a happier new year.

• Posted

bless you sonia, really hope christmas day is a good day for you, and if it starts bad try to turn it around, its not always possible but always worth a try, merry christmas x

• Posted

Yes I totally understand how you are feeling I also are going through the same thing. I am going away for Christmas to my home town & will be visiting family & friend & hopefully enjoy the festivities, but i am so anxious about the whole thing & would really like to cancel which would be so unkind to my husband & everyone. I two never used to feel like this, I was always the life & soul of the family & a real party animal & lovely travelling. Now I shy away from things this anxiety is a truly dreadful thing like you I never know what i am going to feel like so you truly have my sympathy. I guess we just have to push through it . wishing you a good Christmas & good luck with everything. 😘

• Posted

Hi Linda

Thanks for replying.

Yes you're right, we just have to push through it, that's exactly how I feel about it unfortunately, I wish I didn't.

I'll try putting on a brave face again, like I did last year and maybe next year will be a good one.

Good luck with your visit and best wishes for a good Christmas.

• Posted

Thanks, Merry Christmas & better New Year we hope 😘

• Posted

hi Sonia,

I'm sorry you are feeling anxious about xmas. I have decided this year i wont be hosting. I too am feeling anxious about the holidays and dont think i will visit anyone.

please take a day at a time- to be honest my family is living on takeaway for the last month or so. i maybe cook once a week. as i cant take the smell of food due to nausea . it makes me feel guilty to a point where i get really worked up. but just trying to reason with myself to get theough the present

• Posted

Hi She35631

So sorry you are going through this, sounds really awful for you.

I am hosting because it's something I've always done and is expected of me but I'm not the same person and I try to disguise it but it's exhausting.

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas and hope the new year will bring positive changes for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.