Anyone find benefits even after 6 weeks??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone felt even more better after 6 weeks of citalopram . Feel like I've plateaud abit..

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Tim

I felt similar after seven weeks on 20mg & felt like I was going backwards so reduced to 10mg & improved greatly , have been good for the last 12 weeks on 10mg

• Posted

Thanks Tom. How did you know to go back down, I would have thought it would make the anxiety worse. So lower dose doesn't always mean less efficiency?

• Posted

Tim

Although I never felt great on 20mg the medication must have been doing a job in the background as after a couple of months my side effects were coming back & anxiety & depression was getting worse a lot like when I first started the cit , I was getting very lethargic again & sweating loads at night . The reduction sorted this within 48hrs . Obviously this won't be the case for everyone & I'm no expert

• Posted

Hi, just wondered what made you decrease rather than increase the citalopram ?
    • Posted

I discussed with my doctor who thought an increase might work but as I said before the side effects seemed to be my main problem & exaggerated my original problems so I thought a reduction might be worth a try first ( 10 mg ) . I ve never looked back fingers crossed of course.

• Posted

It differs from everyone , for me they kicked in in 3 weeks.

• Posted

I am on day 16 and feel like it has already helped me some. I don't overthink as much and my anxious feelings don't last long if I do have them. There are some people on here that say that it can take up to 3 months to work...but if you ask me, those people may have needed a higher dose. I took Celexa back in 2009 and my doctor said it may take up to a 4 weeks/a month. My current doctor said the same thing. I believe if you aren't feeling relief after 4-6 weeks, it may be time to adjust your dose, such as you did.

• Posted

If you have levelled out, great that is what you want, you are on your way

I have been on these medications for ages, 

If it is not broke do not fix it

B.

• Posted

I had an initial placebo effect and felt great then plateaued out. I'm on week 13 and I still have some bad days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.