Anyone found it easy to quit smoking?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Guys, i have previously quit before and found it pretty easy from day one, the odd cravings over the first couple of days but nothing i found hard to manage, i more or less felt like a non smoker from day one because I'd gotten into a good mindset and convinced myself i was already a non smoker. I went 2 whole weeks, felt fine and like I'd never smoke again, my partner and i had quit together, he caved first i resisted the urge at first but ultimately caved too, purely because it had been an enjoyable thing to do having a smoke together, so it was more wanting to revisit that then a craving and i thought I'd be able to just stop again. Obviously that hasn't been the case as I'm now re addicted. I'm wanting to quit again but reading peoples stories is putting me off, every experience i read is about how it's been months/years and people are still dealing with cravings, this wasn't my experience when i quit but I'm wondering if maybe i just hadn't reached that stage yet and the cravings would have returned? Has anyone had a relatively easy experience quitting if they've gotten into a good mindset first? I know it's never going to be %100 easy but I'm just worried I'll quit and it will seem easy at first, but then after that it will be a constant struggle for the rest of my life, which doesn't seem worth it if it will never end. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ashley I quit on Xmas day and it will be 9 years this year, yep I think I quit fairly easily mostly because I had decided to stop and once I had got through the first week I knew I would be a non smoker and never smoke again.

I think that if you quit and then start again you can blame it on lot's of things but ultimately it's down to you, you can't be forced to stop by anyone and the same goes for starting again, it's all down to our own willpower, I believe that if you really have decided to stop then theirs nothing that can make you smoke again.

If your not 100% committed you will get past the cravings and only then can you class yourself as reformed smoker, think of yourself as an X smoker, much like an alcoholic you can never put a cigarette to your lips, NOPE will be your mantra, Not One Puff Ever, believe me it is the best move you can make

• Posted

That should be if your 100% commited, writes what it wants LOL
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply Alexandria, It's encouraging to read that not everyone experiences the struggle for so long. I had just quit for 3 days almost, I'm disapointed i didn't stick it out, my skin was looking and feeling so much better even after that short time so i know it's worth it, not going to give up giving up! I'm starting a new job Tuesday which i think will be a hard time for me to stay smoke free, so going to get the first week out of the way and then try again. 

• Posted

Well done on 9 years as well by the way, that's amazing!

• Posted

Thank you, just be careful you don't put yourself In the position where you always find a reason to stay a smoker.

I found my stress and anxiety levels actually went down, also wouldn't it be great to start a new job smelling better than an old ashtray 😱

• Posted

Hi. I think that quitting was for me the hardest time in my life. Had so many attempts but it never really lasted longer than few days or week. Have you ever consider to try e cigarette. That was my reason why i stopped smoking and have been smoke free for almost year. It does not mean you gonna be addicted to it. It really helped me and it is worth to try. The e cig looks like real one and honestly after time you will forget normal cigarettes. You basically just use tobacco flavors from beginning with high intensity of nicotine and will slowly lower it down. After i think 2 months i started to use different flavors that tobacco on my vapour2 and i really forgot about that taste. Now i am on the lowest 0,6% and quess that i will be on 0% nicotine in one month. It works fantastic for me.
  • Posted

It is easy when people around you are supporting you and no one smokes around or quit smoking with you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.