anyone get face tingling/hairs on face feeling

Posted , 41 users are following.

months back i had feeling on my face like little hairs fell on it. Not specific to one side either.They said sinus and gave me antibiotics.

Four rounds last year last one in decemeber. For whatever reason i had a Few sinus infections this past year. So today I feel the weird feeling again. Im wondering if anyone else gets this face weird sensation as I really think I have been on enough antiobiotics already. I also am still dealing with high frequency tinnitus as well from a three week bout with a head cold/flu back in decemeber. I have been healed for two weeks now.I do not feel stuffed up.i do have tmj as well. Trying to figure it out.

0 likes, 79 replies

79 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I do, minus the electric shock sensations. It’s almost like something is on my forehead and I go to brush it away it stops then comes back
  • Posted

I get the tingling feeling on my fave and arms and my scalp also see long thin white hair to
  • Edited

I have these symptoms like ,cobwebs on my face , very irritating.

I believe my symptoms are a result of using Gabapentin.

or from sleeping in a home made pillow which was made from small blocks of foam .( my pilliow) which could create a static electric charge.

I believe its more related to the Gabapentin which is a nerve pain drug and therefore affecting my nerves.

Wondering if any others with this cobweb on face feeling is using Gabapentin?

Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Thomas, I have used Gabapentin recently and I never thought that that could be what was causing the sensation of hairs on my face, I am also expeirencing the feeling of hair in my mouth and on my tongue while I have these sensations on my face. it is very irritating to have this feeling , I also do suffer from anxiety as well, but reading your post I never thought it could be from the Gabapentin!

The sensation is mostly on the left side of my face, I do have it all over my face but on the left side more than any where else. I have tried brushing my tongue, using mouth wash more than usual and after so many days of that it did go away but then stays away for so long and comes back, I am no longer on Gabapentin, so I am not sure what is going on.

• Posted

Hi Thomas, Sorry I forgot to add this into my first reply, I was also wondering of it had anything to do with being allergic to cats!?!?! I have two short haired cats, they do shed a lot lately and one of them (youngest one) has been sleeping with me by my chest area and wondering if it could just be an allergy with her! Does anyone else with this problem have a cat or are allergic to cats???

• Posted

I'm talking about long term use , years , and heavy dose.

I really dont care what others say , I know its the gabapentin.

• Posted

I'm experiencing this also & I used to take Gabapentin as well. The static thing also sounds plausible too. Wish someone could definitively pinpoint if there is an external cause or if it's more internal like something neurological.

• Posted

I do have a cat & he sleeps with me the same way but I was raised around animals on a ranch & have never had any allergies to animals or anything else. Can one suddenly develop an allergy like that?

• Posted

yup in my mouth and my throat is itchy and in my nose like just a bunch of little hairs

• Posted

hi lisa

i know this thread is old but my son is getting the same feeling and i think its related to stress and anxiety. he does feel Annoyed by it and says its not sinuses it just feels like theres a hair on his face and he feels an annoying feeling on the bridge of his nose. does anyone have any other information

• Posted

this is from his hayfever/sinus problems he blows his nose to hard and had disrupted a little nerve in his nose thats why his getting that sensation

botox can numb the feeling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.