anyone get face tingling/hairs on face feeling

Posted , 41 users are following.

months back i had feeling on my face like little hairs fell on it. Not specific to one side either.They said sinus and gave me antibiotics.

Four rounds last year last one in decemeber. For whatever reason i had a Few sinus infections this past year. So today I feel the weird feeling again. Im wondering if anyone else gets this face weird sensation as I really think I have been on enough antiobiotics already. I also am still dealing with high frequency tinnitus as well from a three week bout with a head cold/flu back in decemeber. I have been healed for two weeks now.I do not feel stuffed up.i do have tmj as well. Trying to figure it out.

0 likes, 79 replies

79 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I thought I'd respond to as it can be so frustrating not to get an answer. I also have not experienced this sensation for many weeks. It was constant when I had it then it seemed to subside and just affect the corner of one side of my nose. Now it seems to have gone altogether, thankfully. The most likely explanations for me (as I don't suffer from anxiety and don't take any medication that has this side effect) are as follows:

a) Mould spores - apparently they cause formication, which is the medical term for this symptom. I discovered mould on the back of a blind. Within a few weeks of removing the blind the symptoms faded then disappeared.

b) Perimenopause - I am 44 so probably not menopausal yet but formication is a reported symptom of the period prior to the menopause, which can last for several years. I have experienced other strange intermittent symptoms, which have also been reported as perimenopause symptoms (such as cold sweats), which make me wonder if this could be my explanation.

I really hope you are able to get relief from this horrible and very real symptom. I am sorry I can't give you a definitive answer but this is what my personal experience and research have thrown up. I hope it is of help.

Best wishes, Caroline

• Posted

thanks for your response but unfortunately i don't think its anything you mentioned. I went through menopause at an early age and have long been done with that. I'm 59. I am also living in a fairly new home with no issues at all. Thanks though I appreciate your concern.

• Edited

So sorry I haven't been able to help. It sounds like this symptom can have many explanations, which is why it is so hard to get help. I hope that you can find a solution. Best wishes. x

• Edited

exactly what i am beginning to realize 😕 but i cannot find a doctor that'll listen and take me seriously enough to set up any game plan, run tests, and by trial error narrow it down maybe & I can't do it on my own

• Edited

YES!!! I have had what you are all talking about for almost 10-years now. It comes about spring. I have the progressive version of this. So after the little hairs on face and in hair, little moles come, now the hairs have become cobweb like substantives coming out of my ears and nose. It has now this year become cobwebs with little balls that come out and stick to my hands, body and I've started to try to crush them because they turn into spirally hairs (fibers) that NOBODY can see BTW.. that run up and down my entire body... These little balls tun into what feels like newborn caterpillars with barbs sometimes... YET still invisible.. I have had one string of this cobweb coming out now for 2 frickin months!!! WTF??? I can not go to the doctor.. try explaining that to any health care professional??? Id sound like a wacko!!! I pretend its all in my head but then to remind me... I can feel it wiggling when I use paper towel rolls after rolls trying to get it to stop. I have tried pulling this out for two months thinking... there has to be and end to this string.. what sounds crazy.. but TRUE is, my dog goes crazy for it and tries biting at it in mid air... STILL invisible???? I know what many of you describe.. but let me tell you... it is just the BEGINNING!!!!! So, I have gone to doctors for antibiotics, tried many topical ointments, prescription shampoos, over the counter Hibiscus (which works the best for temp relief) 3n1 Clean and clear, TGel, Anti fungal, antibiotic creams, Dryer sheets (to get rid of statistic feelings), Bleach baths, alcohol, peroxide, acetone, Lysol, 409, Dial soap, Gone to dermatologist, Primary care, Physicists, the ER, Probotics, Nasal sprays, net-ti potties, ... an arsenal of potential remedy's.. solutions!!! NOTHING HAS EVER WORKED... Just have to wait the 5-6 months until it seems to finally go away... I mean ... crawl back in my life!!! Sorry guys if this seems intense, excessive, crazy, extreme.. but it is not it is progressive... I have went to school to be a Paralegal as well as been a property Manager for 18 years.. I am not a loony!! I guess that is my opinion, joking lol... HOPE I AM Not ALONE!

• Edited

Hello shawnrae, first of all you are not loony and I know 1st hand what you are going through, honestly. you are not alone in this. For 4 months straight I thought I was going crazy and every doctor I went to told me I was crazy. at first I only felt it on me and slowly hit surely it progressed and k felt it on my kids, my dog, my hubby, and in the air. sometimes it would get so bad we would have to stay in a hotel bc I could feel it so heavy in the house. so I would get everyone out and bleach the hell out out of my house that I used to work but only for a little while then it would come back. I felt it wrapped around my tongue, in my nose I even felt it coming out of my ears. I swore it was like fungus or yeast or mucus idk what it was but I felt it and for some reason it would turn into hair like fibers always white never a colored fiber. As of March I've been ok I still feel it time to time. it affected me so badly we moved out of our last house bc of it and spent thousands of dollars in hotel and air bnbs as a change in environment used help a bit. It started with my eyes I would pull these strings out of them and then it progressed to a point where my eyes where completely covered in this invisible cobweb feeling that I felt pressed to tightly on my but no one could see. shortly after that i could feel it on my tongue, my nose and all over my body. I use to use apple cider vinegar I would bathe in it everyday head to toe that seemed to work for a while then I started using bleach bc it was the only thing that seemed to work but this thing what ever it was would literally almost like run from the bleach. I would spend 10 to 12 hours a day if not more trying to get it off of me I would use clorox wipes all over my body. it was dangerous the levels i would go to to get this stuff off of me. I can still feel a bit of it in my eyelashes but overall I'm not how I was before, it was unbearable. worst of all bc no one could see it, feel it or smell it no one believed me. My hubby could see the fibers when it would turn into hair/fibers and sorry for the nasty stuff in about to say but you could see hairs in all of our poop and that's how I was able to prove to him something was wrong. Every single one of hads fibers in our poop even the dog. Now that it's gone no fibers in our poop. strange as it sounds what we are dealing with is very real I just think it cant be diagnosed BC no one believes us. I mean sometimes I questioned my own sanity bc what else could it be, I dont do drugs and if I were hallucinating for whatever reason having the same hallucinations everyday for 4 months and the same hallucinations as several others doesn't seem likely. I dont have a solution but just wanted you to know you aren't alone. I did find apple cider vinegar and apple cider vinegar pills would help and it's the safest to use. I use to also take garlic pills and used alot of coconut oil I did this every for about 2 months and it started to die down more and more each day until it went away. Most of all I prayed, and prayed and prayed to God, Jesus got me through this. if it weren't for him I fear this would never have gone away. I know everything I said sounds crazy but what I went through was very real. I hope it eventually goes away for you and never comes back. Just know you are not alone of crazy, I understand very well what you're going through and been through. Not sure if you believe in God but I know he was the only real solution in all of this, for me at least. God bless and take care! Hope you find comfort in knowing you are NOT alone.

• Edited

thank you for your post!I had this long perfect post that I was replying to for you and then at the very end the darn thing change to a different screen and deleted it all . so I apologize for not getting back to you. I was a little discouraged with this and myself for allowing that to happen.

but back to our story so you brought up some really good points and here's a couple that I think really pertain to us and give us hope and encouragement....

You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light. 2 Samuel 22:29

We walk by faith not by sight 2nd Corinthians 5:7 NKJV

(which goes well with the fact that the darn things invisible LOL)

The spirit of The sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners Isaiah 61:1

when this all started you know I read these little inspirational books called Jesus calling and Jesus today and Jesus always... well in one of the devotions a little while back when this all kind of started ... He wrote something you know (just I don't know the words for words but this is the gist of it) The devotion said something like "why do you always concern yourself with all this anxiety? trust me I am the Lord come and pray to me without ceasing. what minute or time can you change to add more to your life? trust me.. why all the worry webs?...

OKAY... talk about a Divine appointment He couldn't be more clear?

A lot of the posts bring up the facts of anxiety being a huge contribution.

today's devotion in the Jesus calling book said even though there are dark times and tribulations that I am to manifest the future and vision my life without these complications.

II know that sometimes the Lord will deliver us from evil or our problems and other times he will just lighten the burden.

God God be with us all

and so help me God lol

can I get a witness?

I also tried apple cider vinegar it helped for a couple days then it spilled all over the car and stunk like you know what..

I do like your idea of the apple cider vinegar pills I have not heard of that but it's definitely worth a try. I know when I went to the dermatologist he said to take a bleach bath . but he said don't stay in there too long cuz you know what happens and I said oh yeah well when I got home I was like I don't know what happens. I just didn't want to sound like an idiot.. so what happens is that all of it floats to the top and you need to get out before it ends up all over you so I tried that.. but you know I only tried it one time and obviously you need to stay devoted to this cure or else you know it's obviously not going to work. I sure wouldn't mind keeping in contact with you via text message or messenger. I don't know if you'd like to do that, but I can give you my number.

it really helps to hear out there that somebody else is going through this and thank you for saying I'm not alone. Neither. Are you?

• Edited

I literally thought I was alone! This is damaging to my everyday life and I've tried everything! I know I am not crazy and my fiance see's my daily suffering as well and feels like his hands are tied.Please let me know if u find out any more treatment options or anything i could do at home to help with this. Hope u are hanging in there....this is a very real thing and it's scary mostly from lack of support/believers. I'm so sick of others reacting as if I belong in a psych ward. Most of the time I pretend I'm fine so I can avoid the exhaustion of constant self defense but this has by far damaged me and I pray not for life. Thanks for sharing your story.

Kellie

• Edited

Yeah, I've met a few animals that seem to perceive it also. Thanks for sharing your story and thanks for mentioning that.

• Posted

your not at all i think its a type of allergy and our skin creates a immune reaponse by giving us eczema rashes or psirisus

• Edited

So this may be long, but I always like to share what I’m going through in case someone would be experiencing something similar and can relate.

About a year and a half ago I started having this feeling in my lower lip, on one spot at first, that felt almost like a tiny electric shock. It didn’t hurt, it was just aggravating. I decided to look it up and down the spiral I went. It came back that numbness/tingling could be from a brain tumor or metastatic cancer from some unknown cancer in your body and that longest anyone has lived was months following this. I began on a long road of anxiety and depression and many medical tests later, came to the conclusion that if I indeed had cancer, nobody was finding it. Nevertheless, with my anxiety, I was convinced that’s what it was. Now a year and a half later, I’m still here and even though the fear of cancer still creeps in from time to time, I’m sure there’s another explanation for what I’m dealing with.

This feeling has moved around my face and body, but mostly still happens around my right lower lip and chin. It comes and goes, but is never gone for more than a few weeks. I’m still not sure what is causing it, and I may never know and it’s so frustrating.

So to sum it up, I keep having a feeling almost like someone is flipping me with a rubber band but it’s not painful, just aggravating. It happens anywhere from 10-50 times a day. It’s never a pins and needles type of thing for more than a few seconds and sometimes it will happen in my lower lip or chin when I smile. But again, it never lasts longer than a few seconds at a time. Like I said, this happens in other parts of my body, such as my scalp, my knee, my abdomen, and most recently, the front of my neck.

I know this doesn’t tell anyone exactly what they’re experiencing, but I can sympathize.

• Edited

Thank you for sharing. I have had this off and on about every six months for around ten years. every year it gets worse and worse. It's Progressive. But last time I had this about a year ago, I have a similar experience where my hands felt like I had like cobwebs or you know long thick strands that went around it. And when I pulled one of the strands off all of a sudden it was like a live wire. whipping around and stuck to another part my another hand or somewhere. so when I finally caught that live Wire and held it I could feel it throbbing and pulsating and when that touches me somewhere else like my face... t's still does that pulsing on my skin it annoying as you know what... but what happened was it wrapped so much strands around my finger that it was almost like a little cocoon and that thing was inside. I could feel it moving around up and down the stuff it took me about a month-and-a-half to get all of that off and was there every time i tried to take it off.. there's more and more and more and I even put my finger out to window of the car so it would pull it off by the wind. that did help a lot there was a lot of like fibers involved. and you know nobody can see the darn thing...

so you know... I went to dermatologist I've tried everything. if you look at my post that I posted like 3 post ago, I went through a detail what this thing does at least for me. and every year it gets worse.. sounds like you're right behind me on it so if you want to get back to me maybe we can cross little incidence and see if we can come up with something.

I definitely went and had all these blood test done and I do not have any cancer or anything like that. sometimes I wish I did so it least they're could be a cure for it instead of this wacko thing.

so anyway what I have found out or investigated was that this could be morgellons disease. I looked that up and it's really controversial right now. originally the diagnosis came from the 18 hundreds when this doctor Elizabeth said that it was all in your mind.. it was psychosis and it didn't really exist.

well nowadays there are many people that are going through this but the Government does want not want to admit it because it can cause Anarchy. I know that back when the government would not release the truth about MRSA because they didn't want Anarchy. then They could not any longer avoid it because there were so many seniors in nursing homes that were having this.

so hopefully this will come to light too and we can try to find some cures or know exactly what we're really dealing with.

Don't be discouraged and don't give up but anxiety does Cause the worry Weds to get worse. So try to take time to rest and sleep because as I know that when I wake up, it's not very bad. it is until later in the day that starts getting worse. So I know sleep helps it. one time. I slept after a procedure for almost 6 days and when I woke up it was gone, and I didn't have it for another year. But there isn't a lot of time for me to sleep right now. So I'm working.

God so help us!

• Edited

Have you gotten any better? I'm experiencing these same symptoms and am wondering if you figured out what it was.

• Edited

No, I have not yet. It's still raging. What I have found is that if I move around a lot or having anxiety, it creates electronic stimulation and i

they react to this. I have found them and after following them on hairs and even lint

lands is active on your clothes. I had a piece that was like standing out on my blouse and I can see it wiggling and moving so I kind of looked at it and different lights , it looks like a Dust Bunny with like like a black dust bunnies little flanges. that were a whipping around so, I think it's like fiber optics . I have to figure out a way to ground or killed the electricity so that die but I don't know exactly what to do to do that which I'm starting to investigate that now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.