Anyone get this?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So last night I was lying on the sofa and my knee started pulsing, didn't hurt but I could see it thumping. It's doing it again tonight. I'm not panicking as I am doing so well with my anxiety. It's just wierd though. Doesn't hurt just beats and I can see it. Any advice?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hun I get this I also have pulsing on back of my ankles I don't know what you call it keels tendance or something lol it just pulses for ages I don't know what causes it but I think it's normal xx
    • Posted

Yeah but really faint more in the part I said but I also get it in my bicept too freaks me put but iv learnt o have had this on and off for months so if it was a problem it would of shown by now it will be our muscles doing over time xx
  • Posted

Well done Kirsty,

Especially for doing really well with your Anxiety, I no it can be hard, but stay positive & focused, I wouldn't worry at all about your Knee Pulsating, its Just the nerves in your knee that make it do that hun, Like if you,ve had a run or did excessive exercise, or even nothing at all it can make certain parts of your body pulsate, Its Completely Normal :-)

Hope this helps!! x

• Posted

Aw, Lol, Nooo, Its not aneurism or a blood clot Hun,

Try Googling Pulstaing Mussles & you,ll see what comes up!!!

Nohting to worry about, Its Normal Hun x

• Posted

Forgot to say, I,ve had it for Years, & I'm nearly 50yrs old now, Lol.. & I haven't dropped dead of it yet!!! Lol..Keep your Pos :-)
  • Posted

I get it in my legs, buttocks and eyelids and although annoying, i live with it now and it comes and goes... It is worse when my anxiety is high
  • Posted

I get it too in my quad and tricep usually when im dehydrated, bananas help the potassium helps stop the twitching.
  • Posted

Of all the symptoms I suffered due to anxiety,the pulse feeling is the one I hated the most. I twitched from head to toe, I still get the odd one every now and then,but I try to ignore them and they go after a day or so. Never,and I say never google pulsing or twitching,I had myself convinced I had ALS. That was 9 years ago,I now run 21 miles a week and lift weights 4 days a week,not bad for someone who was convinced they'd be dead by the time they reached 25 (I was 24 at the time).
  • Posted

Hi there, pulsating muscles are as a result of nerve end activities and perfectly normal, you generally find them increasing when tired. It's just normal electrical activity in the brain firing off the nerves and causing twitching. N

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.