Anyone get weird palpitations at night?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had these weird palpitaion type sensations on and off for the last few years. It feels like my insides, (upper stomach/lower chest and back) are vibrating and twisting slightly. It's not painfull, but quite weird, and can wake me up a few times a night. I think I noticed that it olny does it when I'm sleeping on my back, I usually sleep on my side.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like tremors.  I had them with certain medications- Don't have them now ;-)

• Posted

try sleeping on your right; headboard elevated, drink lots o watermelon juice daily- pure, fresh if possible. i had that symptoms for 6 long scary months. walk briskly; get treatment for gerd
  • Posted

Hello i have paliptation when i have burping and lot of gas,..u should go to cardiologist me to i have go to cardiologist and he put me one holter ecg for 24 hours and the result will come 98.75%.my cardiologist say to me that my heart beat some time become slow but its not dangerous and didnot any medication i have done echo that is clear to but still have palpitatiin and heavy chest some time.u should go for check up its good for u
  • Posted

Yes it happens to me almost every night. Like my chest, back, and abdomen are just throbbing. It's very weird and difficult to try to sleep. I have the head of my bed elevated and I usually sleep on 3 or 4 pillows to elevate even more (not great for your back or neck but sometimes it's the only thing that helps the palpitations). Try sleeping on your right side and elevate the head of your bed and don't eat at least 3 hours before you go to bed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.