Anyone getting palpitations on Bisoprolol?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Am on 1.25mg Bisoprolol, since Feb this year. Had feeling of doom, anxiety, headaches and very itchy skin. But now I'm finding that l can't lie down at night without bad palpitations...136-140. Last might l was woken by them 3 times. In fact l hardly slept all might. Is this normal for this med? Anyone else expiriencing anything like this. Am now nervous of going to bed and am shattered. Also take Lostarten for high blood pressure which isn't bringing it down one iota. Do you think this could be one of the reasons for the palpitations? Be interested to know anyone's take on this. Thanks.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can't take bb. I had itching and burning, insomnia, worse anxiety, my hair started falling out. We are all individual and you could get heart symptoms with meds. Here i found this for you to read. https://www.healthline.com/health/living-with-atrial-fibrillation/medication-guide

• Posted

Thank you for that link. Sorry you had bad expirience on bbs. I also find my hair is thinking out for the past few months, not good. I haven't actually got AF but a regular heart rate just very fast. Sinus tachycardia cardiologist said. Not pleasent though.

• Posted

time2, I've kept my dosage of BB tiny by normal standards, I still see some of those side-effects but it also helps a lot, and for me it's been a fair trade.  Just suggesting, if you want to try the BB, consider reducing the dosage to half or a quarter of the lowest normal dose.  My doctors look at me funny but they say it's OK.

• Posted

When my arrhythmias were at their worst I couldn't lie down and sleep, just as you say, so I set up sort of a semi-reclining lounge with my most comfy chair and an ottoman.

?Of course the proper thing to say is, "Consult your doctor", but I consulted several with totally unsatisfactory results, so I know it's not always easy.  They don't have any very good treatments for "palpitations" so they try to blow them off.  Hey, that's how they were taught in med school, it's nothing personal, but of course for us patients it's not so good.

?Generally lowering your BP should help.  Have you tried taking some magnesium as well?  Might not stop the symptoms but it may reduce them, in just a day or so.  Doctors say we should just live with it, so that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.