Skip to content

Beta-blockers - others

Also known as Acebutolol, Atenolol, Carvedilol, Labetalol, Metoprolol, Nebivolol, Oxprenolol, Sotalol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Anxiety causing heart racing

Hi, would like to know of the safest and best beta blockers for panic attacks that are causing heart racing, I'm already on 10mg of propanolol which helps 70% of the time but they cause nausea and if I take a higher dose will probably get worse nausea, thanks.

Last reply
  • Scared of tapering off

Hi all I’ve been on this medication due to major adrenaline and hart palpitations. But due to the side effects I want to stop taking it.  But now I’m reading that the withdrawal with give me more anxiety and hart palps?!?!? I don’t think I could take more than I already had Feeling scared …

Last reply
  • Metoprolol. Tapering off. Side effects. Horrible drug!

Metoprolol has been the worst medication I've ever been on. After a year of not knowing what was making me sick we found out it's this poison. I have never suffered so much and now after so much I found out it was this medication which I was given for hypertension. I've always ran but …

Last reply
  • Weaning off atenolol

So this may sound crazy but hear me out. I'm a 32 year old black female with high bp which I take lisinopril/hctz for. Well in January I started feeling anxious so my doctor gave me buspirone. Well I took it starting around May because really I was hesitant about taking it, but it made me loopy/ …

Last reply
  • Feel as if my brain has been damaged.

I was put on Bisopolol on Boxing day, I only took half the dosage so 1.25mg as they made me feel so bad. One of the syptoms was they made me feel like a drunk Zombie. Middle of March, and I was put on Sotalol instead, I only took this for a couple of weeks as I developed a bad cough so my GP told …

Last reply
  • Calcium Channel Blocker and Stress Test

Would taking a calcium channel blocker like Verapamil on the day of my stress test help me pass? In other words would it cause my results to show no abnormalities?  Thanks (Posting here as well because I'm not sure what discussion this should go in..)

Last reply
  • Lowering heart rate

Hello guys. Just curious as to what medications can help to keep my heart rate lower other than beta blockers/calcium channel blockers? I’ve tried veripamil (ccb) this didn’t work at all and I’m on propranolol (B.B.) and so far my propranolol used to work but has since stoped working and I’m afraid …

Posted
  • beta blocker not working

Hello people. Just wanting to gain some insight into a problem I’ve been having. In January I developed constant Pvcs. Over 29 trips to the emergency room and a holter moniter later and i was prescribed propranolol for my ectopic beats. I have had all types of rhythm patterns associated with Pvcs …

Posted
  • Stop taking atenolol I got told today

I've been talking 50mg atenolol for year's. I've lost 4 stone in weight I've been feeling like walking on a trampoline or drunk feeling when walking the past week. I've been to see a gp today and he has told me to stop taking them. No weaning as it suggest all over Google. …

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol Fumarate

After a trip to A & E and short stay on cardiac ward, tests showed I had an episode of Coronary spasm. I have been given Bisoprolol Fumarate 2.5 mg for this.   I am on my 2nd day of taking and I have felt a bit spaced out and weird.  I hope it will pass when my system gets used …

Last reply
  • Please help. Bisoprolol withdrawal and weaning offys

hi everyone I’m new here. i was given Bisoprolol less than 2 months ago for tachycardia (120-130 bpm). ive done countless EKGs and an echo a stress test and a 24 hr monitor, and blood tests to rule out a heart condition.  My problem is the beta blocker, when the incident happened I took …

Last reply
  • Quitting atenolol

I was diagnosed with postpartum hypertension about four months ago. The doctors put me on nifidipine initially but it wasn’t working great so after a few weeks they added atenolol. I was on 90mg nifidipine and 100mg atenolol as of three months ago. My blood pressure started going down not long …

Last reply
  • Should I stop taking Atenolol before my 24hr ECG is fitted?

Hi, Several weeks ago I had a sudden onset of severe panic attacks which has led me to be prescribed Sertraline 100mg (Daily) and Atenolol 25mg (When Needed). In order to rule out any heart related causes I'm due to have a 24hr ECG holter monitor fitted in 2 weeks and I'm not sure if being …

Last reply
  • Anyone else on Metoprolol and an antidepressant?

I've been on 40 mg of Citalopram (generic of Celexa) for five years now, for general anxiety. It's been working great for me, and a life changer. ​Last week, I had a major increase in anxiety (actually the first bad anxiety episode I've experienced in 5 years). I thought the …

Last reply
  • Beta blockers for fast heart rate?

Hello there im alex as some of u may know me already.. i was recently put on beta blockers fpr my fast heart rate .. i was put on metoprolol 25 mg 12.5 in the morning and 12.5 at night.. does this actually help? I have an extremely fast heart rate most of the time normal rythm just fast.. dr put me …

Last reply
  • Beta Blocker Questions?

Hey All,  Hope you are all doing well. So let me give you my little story short and to the point! I always had anxiety the last couple years and have Klonopin as needed. I normally do not take it but always have it around keeps me at bay, I know.. Sounds fun. So about a week ago, I had an …

Last reply
  • Slowly coming of propranolol 10mg

Hello last Thursday I decided to slowly wean off propranolol 10mg. I am currently taking one on one off and it seems to be OK.  My question is this when should i halt it altogether. 

Last reply
  • Weaning off propranolol

Hi all, i have been taking 80 mg slow release prooranolol for approx 2 years to treat dystopia tremor. It works but I naturally have low BP and I'm very lethargic on propranolol. I would like to come off it and try something more natural to manage my tremor. Any advice for weaning off safely, …

Last reply
  • Weight gain and atenolol

I've been diagnosed with microvascular angina. My blood pressure was sky high and I am being treated with ramipril 5mg, atenolol 50mgs and amlodipine 10mg. I am a fit 56 year old woman. I cycle 50 -70 miles a week and go to the gym twice a week. Since July last year and starting these meds I' …

Last reply
  • Weaning off atenolol

I've only been on Atenolol 25mg for less than a month for heart palpitations I'm trying to get off it.. doctor told me take one every other day and then take one every 2 days... like a week a piece. Experiencing some anxiety and im a little nauseous. Is this normal? I just want my life back …

Last reply
  • Cardiloc - Side effects?

Hello, Anyone here is well experienced with the drug Cardicloc? it is based bisoprolol. Will be happy for info on this drug as I received it as treatment for PACs and AT after ablation. Thanks

Posted
  • Ibuprofen when on propranolol

I was wondering whether I could take a couple of ibuprofen for my knee. The only issue is apparently it reacts with my propranolol medication. Is this the case or do you think it would be fine to do so.  

Last reply
  • Terrified of atenolol.

I was recently diagnosed with PSVT and my doctor prescribed me 25 mg of atenolol 1 x daily. I know this medication is supposed to lower your heart rate & blood pressure. My normal BP is anywhere from 105/59 to 133/80 it just varies & my normal resting HR is about 75 without the medication. …

Last reply
  • Worried about taking Sotalol

Following an angio-gram, I have been taken off Bisoprolol and proscribed Sotalol. Now I had been proscribed 2.5mg of Bisoprolol, but would only take half my proscribed daily dose and even then I had such severe side effects that they told me not to come to work until things are sorted following our …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.