Skip to content
Ad

Beta-blockers - others

Also known as Acebutolol, Atenolol, Carvedilol, Labetalol, Metoprolol, Nebivolol, Oxprenolol, Sotalol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • How long does a 10mg propranolol last and does it effect exercise

Hello been on propranolol for around 3-4 months. Mainly for anxiety caused by glandular fever virus. Ive been taking one 10 mg tablet per day around 4 -5 pm. It does work and I am grateful. I have  a few questions about this medication though bit late asking about it now I know but just curious...

Last reply
  • Worried about taking Sotalol

Following an angio-gram, I have been taken off Bisoprolol and proscribed Sotalol. Now I had been proscribed 2.5mg of Bisoprolol, but would only take half my proscribed daily dose and even then I had such severe side effects that they told me not to come to work until things are sorted following our work...

Last reply
  • Anyone getting palpitations on Bisoprolol?

Am on 1.25mg Bisoprolol, since Feb this year. Had feeling of doom, anxiety, headaches and very itchy skin. But now I'm finding that l can't lie down at night without bad palpitations...136-140. Last might l was woken by them 3 times. In fact l hardly slept all might. Is this normal for this...

Last reply
  • 10MG propranolol withdrawal

Just joined this group hoping for a clear and concise answer. Ive been on propranolol 10mg once per day since august. However now I want to come off it. When I first started it I stopped it after a few days because the affects were crap. Nothing bad happened however I have been taking since august now...

Last reply
  • Anxiety based

So my anxiety is awful, docs put me on sertraline but I couldn’t cope with side effects I have my driving test coming up so that is making me anxious so now she is trying me on beta blockers just to see me through my driving test then she is going to start me on other medication after and sighn me off...

Last reply
  • Breathing on beta blockers

They put me on metoprolol a week and half ago but it caused me to habe a hard time taking in a deep breath. Now my cardiologist has put me on bisprolol for distolic dysfuction. I still have a hard time taking in deep breaths just not as bad. When will this go away?

Last reply
  • Weaning off atenolol

So this may sound crazy but hear me out. I'm a 32 year old black female with high bp which I take lisinopril/hctz for. Well in January I started feeling anxious so my doctor gave me buspirone. Well I took it starting around May because really I was hesitant about taking it, but it made me loopy/dizzy...

Last reply
  • I'm begging, please read.

August 9th of this yr...i went away on vacation with my boyfriend and his family. While walking around i would become lightheaded and sometimes dizzy. As soon as we returned home a wk later I became sick with a head cold, that turned into a sinus infection. And that lasted about a month, till the Dr's...

Last reply
  • Metoprolol. Tapering off. Side effects. Horrible drug!

Metoprolol has been the worst medication I've ever been on. After a year of not knowing what was making me sick we found out it's this poison. I have never suffered so much and now after so much I found out it was this medication which I was given for hypertension. I've always ran but high...

Last reply
  • Least tiredness beta blocker

Hi , Im having tachycardia bad at the moment, so I need my beta blocker, even if Im tired from another medicine. So you see I get extra tired, really much. Which beta blocker causes least tiredness. Im on Propranolol, and have tried Metropolol before. That worked ok for some time, but then severe side...

Last reply
  • Beta Blockers and Indigestion

I am a 46 year old female who has suffered from chronic migraine my whole life, but it has definitely worsened during perimenopause. I have tried many, many meds out there and have finally tried beta blockers.  I first tried Propranolol 20 mg twice a day.  It worked almost immediately for...

Last reply
  • Propranolol low body temp?

I've noticed over the last week my temp has been as low as 96.9 and as high as 99.4. I'm very sensitive to the cold and have cold feet and hands 24/7 since starting on propranolol

Last reply
  • Side effects from Carvedidol

My goodness where do I start .For several yrs. I've been taking BP meds .Amlodipine and Carvedidoil I thought amlodipine cause my lower back pain. Recently the doctor increased my dose 10 milligrams twice a day I have been in severe lower back pain going to an acupuncturist which hasn't helped...

Last reply
  • Weaning off Metoprolol Succinate

A month ago I cut my metoprolol succinate in half. I now take 50 mg and am ready to go to the next level.. My question is can I half it again or is there a better way?  Changed doctors and now see a nautropathic doctor who does not write prescriptions.  No history of heart disease or other...

Last reply
  • What is a therapeutic dosage for atenenol

I'm on 25 mg of atenenol for skipped beats , and fast beats . It was working for about 3 weeks but the skips are back on and off . I was told 25 mg is a low does . Just looking for someone who had this happen  where they had 25 and then it didn't work and they needed to raise it .  Any...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol Fumarate

After a trip to A & E and short stay on cardiac ward, tests showed I had an episode of Coronary spasm. I have been given Bisoprolol Fumarate 2.5 mg for this.   I am on my 2nd day of taking and I have felt a bit spaced out and weird.  I hope it will pass when my system gets used to...

Last reply
  • SVT Ablation?

It has been recommended I undergo ablation to correct my SVT...who has had this procedure? What was the process like? Have you had success? Will it also correct the PVC's/ PAC's? My episodes occur 6 to 8 times yearly and are largely controlled on a beta blocker...I suffer from heavy anxiety...

Last reply
  • IV METROPROLOL

Hi How long does it take this to completely leave system ?.Had heart scan and the horrible headache won't go .Think it's the metro or gtn spray ,Any advice?

Last reply
  • Bisoprol effects

Am on Bisoprol 1.25mg for very fast heart rate but l hate the side effects am having. Stuffed nose, flushing depression and a sense of doom. Don't want to do anything or go anywhere. I am trying to cut back bit by bit by taking a little off the tablet every morning. Also am now going to try to have...

Last reply
  • Seems beta-blockers have given me Asthma

Never had asthma in my life. AS soon as they put me on Bisoprolol I complained it felt as if my lungs no longer worked, they then put me on Solotolol which gave me a terrible cough, GP told me to stop taking the Solotolol and within two days, the cough became bareable but lasted for seven weeks until...

Last reply
  • Bystolic for Blood Pressur

My PCP is trying to find a blood pressure med that will work for me. She has given me a prescription for Bystolic. If you are familiar with this med, did you have any major side effects? 

Posted
  • Atenolol & Anxiety

I have been off of Atenolol for approximately 5 months now.  When I was taking this drug, I took it twice a day for approximately two months.  Never in my life have I experienced issues with anxiety, until I came off of Atenolol.  It has gotten to the point to where I am even unable to...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolpl Fumarate

Been taking Bisoprolpl since February due to rapid heartbeat after allergic reaction. What l would like to know is if anyone is experiencing same horrible side effects as l am? My nose for the last month has what l can only describe as swollen membrane inside. It's driving me mad and is there 24/7....

Last reply
  • Beeb taking Bisoprol for 4 months and never felt so ill

I had an allergic reaction last August to Volterol and it caused my heart to beat extremely fast. After a consultation with a cardiologists l was prescribed Bisoprol 1.25mg. Since then l have felt unwell every day due to my nose feeling as though the membranes are swollen, and my breathing feels tight.l...

Last reply
  • Nadolol

Hello all. Am just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with starting nadolol 40mg daily? I'm 17 and have been taking it for 2 days and I have already noticed a difference but also some side effects. Can anyone give some feedback of it? It's quite uncommon as I see, so...

Last reply
  • Feel as if my brain has been damaged.

I was put on Bisopolol on Boxing day, I only took half the dosage so 1.25mg as they made me feel so bad. One of the syptoms was they made me feel like a drunk Zombie. Middle of March, and I was put on Sotalol instead, I only took this for a couple of weeks as I developed a bad cough so my GP told me...

Last reply
  • Stopping metoprolol

I have only been taking metoprolol since mid-February, having had a couple of episodes of palpitations/fluttering during the night. My ECGs have been more or less OK, says the doc. He referred me for a holter monitor, but that took six weeks further until the fitting. I felt a flutter while I had the...

Posted
  • bisoprolol

haveing flu like symptons running nose blocked nose feel ruff and a bad throat been on these a long time anyone else have this please

Last reply
  • Metoprolol 25mg once twice a day

A recently stop taking metoprolol 25mg they prescribed to me for high blood pressure and 4.1 aortic aneurysm but i stop taking the medication becouse of my fatigue and nausea all day is been a week and im feeling lightheaded all day does anyone knows how long the side effects take to go away i have...

Last reply
  • Beta-blocker for women with lowBP

Hello, I was prescribed atenolol to lower my racing heart and palpitations. However, I have low-blood pressure (100/55). and it goes to 80/43 when taking beta-blocker. Is there a HR lowering drug that does not interfere with blood pressure?  About me: 27 years old, Hashimotos, taking low dose Synthroid. 

Last reply
  • Do all beta blockers help with anxiety, social interactions etc.?

Im probably getting some beta blockers for hypertension im 17 yrs old and doctors gotta do some researches before giving me the treatment- doc mentioned beta blockers would be the best. i also have social anxiety and do get the sweaty hands and blushes when talking to people ( in 60%) . i am wondering...

Last reply
  • Beta blockers and ED

I'm in a new relationship and my boyfriend takes a beta blocker for his anxiety. Recently it has started to cause him some erectile dysfunction (at least that's what he thinks it is). He is very upset by this and I don't want to make him feel any worse by asking him a lot of questions....

Last reply
  • Cartia XT

I take two doses of metoprolol 25mg a day and then Cartia XT 120mg a day. Just recently I noticed I started to get a rash on my hands and a little on my stomach after I started taking the Cartia. My doctor had me stop the dose. Has this ever happened to anyone? Please help.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.