Metoprolol - making ectopics worse? Feeling down :(

Posted , 1 user is following.

So for context I'm 35 weeks pregnant. At around 17 weeks, I was diagnosed with myxomatous mitral valve, mild regurgitation and LBBB. My SVT episodes have also got worse and two-three weeks ago I was put on Metoprolol Tartrate 25mg daily. However since then, I'm getting ectopic beats daily. I used to feel them occasionally before, mainly when anxious, but now I'm feeling them daily and they're worse at night. I know pregnancy - especially third trimester - can worsen palpitations etc etc. But why am I suddenly feeling like this everyday? The last couple of nights as well, my heart has done a flutter for a few seconds. Again, this is something I've felt maybe once every few months in the past and now it seems to be coming on more. How do you stay calm? I'm convinced I'll drop dead and that just makes me feel worse. I won't even stay home alone anymore 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.