HELP: Metoprolol Withdrawal. Awful beta blocker rebound sydnrome.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Was on metoprolol for a short period last month. Was put on it by one of my Doctors when I did not need it. He had misdiagnosed me. I had normal heart rate and normal blood pressure. He wasn't sure what I had so he told me to take metoprolol and said there would be no side effects, maybe a little tiredness. I had awful side effects and he had told me stopping metoprolol would not be an issue. First week off with the insane rebound effects of coming off this poison was horrific. High blood pressure, shakes, shortness of breath, tiredness and anxiety that I never had before in my life. 2nd week my symptoms were better but still there. 3rd week most symptoms were mostly gone but noticed my heart rate which had stayed relatively low through the first 2 weeks started to climb daily from 80's resting to 100-115 bpm resting heart rate. In my 4th week now and still have some minor lingering anxiety , blood pressure fluctuates, but the heart rate has not returned to normal. Resting heart rate now is between 90-100 bpm and if I move around it can climb to 120 bpm. Anyone who has gone through this please help. How much longer for this to stop. Doctors say they never heard of it and should have been gone. They say it's in my head when I know it is not. This only started after I took metoprolol and stopped. Please help if you can.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.