Metoprolol/propranolol switch -then quit

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

42 year old who started on Metoprolol during christmas, due to palpitations and an elevated pulse.

was on 50 mg for about two months when the dizziness started.

My doctor prescribed Propranolol instead-20 mg two times a day.

the dizziness went off the charts and he told me to quit all together.

it has now been a week and I am feeling worse by the day.

The dizziness is mindnumbing. Afraid to walk and to drive. Feels like I am going to pass out any second.. also I have this weird pressure in my forehead and eyes. It is horrible. my doctor says it can't be because of the BB and says he thinks it's a virus...that this is not a usual sideeffect after a week after stopping them..

Feels like this is killing me.. can anyone shed some light?

Thank you<3

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

there are so many of us feeling the same, these drugs are as bad as an illegal drug.i feel exactly the same started it in 2017 then stopped them because i felt so bad and it lowered my blood pressure and heartbeat too low. i,ve been on and off it for svt and palpitations,when trying to cut it back again i feel so bad that i go back on it. some days i am tired of feeling like this and other days i can cope. we can,t all be wrong.

• Posted

Hi there, I have the exact same experience as you. I tried propranolol 20mg for 4 days for stress related acid reflux and immediately felt strange so i stopped as per doctors instructions.

3 weeks off the medication i now feel like I've been labotomized. Constant dizziness, balance issues, feel like i drunk/high all the time, I cant even concentrate anymore. My doctor also denies any responsibility and says "Oh it could just be a sickness bug."

I've gone from having acid reflux to feeling like I've got brain damage.

Did you ever get better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.