Metoprolol withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have withdrawn from Metoprolol after 1 month of gradual weaning I had been on it for 13 years. I am now between the 3 and 4 weeks off and feel rotten. I have a constant knot or pressure in my chest and a muscle knot/spasm in my upper back under the left shoulder blade. I also have weakness and stomach, gut indigestion and bloating. I'm determined to go through with this withdrawal, but does any one who has gone through Metoprolol withdrawal have any helpful suggestions for the symptoms above?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

so sorry for your suffering. I know how bizarre thus withdrawal is. Im trying to get off Atenolol and managed to get down to just 4mg (same as 3mg Propranolol). My WD has been extremely severe and long lasting. In my experience WD symptoms are mysterious. one day its this then another day its that. I suffer badly with anxiety, tremors, gut cramps, headaches, burning sensations or pins and needles, sleep disturbance and agitation. Your one month taper was perhaps to fast. Im having to taper this drug like a Benzodiazipine (5% a month). I do hope you dont have too much difficulty. Many folks have to reinstate and then taper more slowly .

• Posted

Has anyone experienced abnormal lab tests for kidney function while taking this ? Thank you in advance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.