How much longer until I feel good again?!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hoping those that have gone through BB withdrawal can tell me if its normal to have felt improvement for a week after 30 days off of Metoprolol Succinate ER and then a return to higher heart rate, anxiety and heart palps?

This whole experience has totally wrecked me. I was only on them for 2.5-3 weeks and never imagined the withdrawal process would last this long or be this horrible! How long until the good days stayed on repeat?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am very sorry for your suffering. I know how horrible this experience is. I have been struggling for a year to get off 25mg. I am down to 4mg and every day is a struggle.

My symptoms include

anxiety (high)

agitation

sweating

chills

high heart rate at times or irregular

burning sensations

neck pain

internal tremor

Tinnitus

insomnia

gut cramps

head ache

restlessness

feekiling severe irritation

I hope this all ends for you soon

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I wish you complete recovery as well. Sleep for me has also been difficult. I am just frustrated as i was feeling better but then the last few days felt like i was going backwards. Praying I can get back to normal.

• Posted

i find this withdrawal morphs and changes over time. cycles. windows and waves. Similar to Benzo WD

• Posted

Jules that sounds excactly like me! I've been off for over a month and I was feeling good then BAM! Seems like my high heart rate won't go down. I know it's been a while for you since this poist so hopefully you'll get this. After 8 months are you feeling better?

• Edited

HI, Hope your feeling better. I have gone withdrawals for 8 months. I was on a beta blocker for 6 weeks. My doctor stopped me cold turkey....ugh. Yes I would have good days then bad days. For the first 2 or so months, more bad days than good. It was almost unbearable during that 2 months. Then it very slowly got better. I'm still not 100%. I hate that your going through this.

• Edited

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry you are still not at 100% after 2 months. I cant imagine suffering this way for another month . It is hell and at times I think I just cant bear it anymore . Did you have insomnia as one of your withdrawal issues? I am having awful horrid insomnia - I fall asleep and then wake up 2-3 hours later and cannot get back to sleep no matter what i try. It is ruining my life. Thank God i am not working right now as there is no way I could deal with this withdrawal process and work at same time.

My biggest withdrawal symptoms right now are:

Insomnia

Anxiety (buzzing feelings/tremors? in chest, head)

High heart rate in a.m.

Heart palps/skipped beats

I wish us all continued recovery and healing!

• Posted

yes, I was lucky to get 1 or 2 hours a night. I finally got some relief from the insomnia and heart palpitations and adrenal surges with Zyrtec at night. Its the worst time I've ever gone through. Prayers for anyone dealing with this.

• Edited

I did too. For two months straight, I actually cried and screamed every morning when I got up. I was brought to my knees often during this time. It does get better. I still struggle. But I'm very thankful thats its gotten to where I can deal with the symptoms now...after 8 months.

• Posted

i understand what you are saying. Waking up in the morning is the worst. Extreme anxiety and agitation. I also get burning sensations. My nervous system feels wrecked. I still have 4mg left to go of Atenolol (same as 3mg Propranolol). I am too scared to drop any further. I feel horribly stuck! I wish I could find a way out of this torture

• Edited

I know it seems like you cant bear it anymore but please keep strong! You have come so far and you will get through this. I am keeping you all in my prayers. You WILL get there!

• Posted

Hi , I was in Bisoprolol just two months I was taking 10 mg ,Because my blood pressure is a little high, and it was the worst day of my life. I became like an old man. My body shivering, cold feet, dizziness, dizziness and ringing in the ears. I stopped taking it only after two months of using it. Loss of energy most of the time, foggy head and dizziness sometimes I feel better, but the adrenaline in our bodies is rushing with force. I give up and I have no solution but to take vitamins. I do not want to be negative, but I am afraid that it will not come out of my body. I am 39 years old, I admit that the tinnitus with time has improved, I just feel With a band in the ear, but ringing in the ears. Note: Do not ask the doctor, because it will worsen your condition. Do not use any medication. Pregnancy and time will end this despicable drug that caused me anxiety and incomprehensible fear

Note : I haven't taken medication for 20 months and still a lot of withdrawal

• Posted

marwan youve had withdrawals for 20 months? Also which vitamins have you found helpful?

• Posted

yes now 2 years Vitamin help me for sure

vitamin B komplex and Magnesium and Vitamin D but you need a lot of time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.