Metoprolol Withdrawal

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was on metoprolol for 3 to 4 days and I've been off of it for like 18 days now. I felt better for a few days after stopping, but I started feeling short of breath again. I think I was still taking flovent and abuterol. So I'm not even sure if the metoprolol is to blame? I was also taking hydroxyzine after stopping the metoprolol to help with the nervousness in my chest. All was fine for a few days, but the shortness of breath and palpitations came back after running around my yard. I also have minor chest pains and a racing heart, which is new. I've been to the hospital quite a few times within the past few weeks and they aren't worried. I did notice that my ph is off, potassium was a little low and glucose is anywhere between 120-130 in reference to mychart. I was given diabetic tussin for the mucus in my chest/lungs and potassium. Things were better until maybe the 3rd and 4th dose of potassium that caused my heart to race. I originally went to the dr for shortness of breath and no other problems. After moving, I also discovered mold under my mattress which is very common for gel mattresses. Now, I believe I never even needed anything besides the asthma medication. Everything fell apart after taking metoprolol. I forgot to mention that I also had a reaction after using abuterol for the last time. My whole body cramped up, I was tingling all over and unable to move which is why I even started the potassium. Never had a bad reaction to abuterol before. I'm not sure what's going on with me, but I want my old life back. Any advice?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.