Beta Blockers have caused permanent damage?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was recently having problems with acid reflux that turned out to be gastro reflux disease, I was given some medication and 90% of it cleared up but now and again i was still getting the occasional chest pains.

I visited the doctor and she decided to prescribe me 20mg propranolol "To try" as she assumed maybe anxiety/stress is what caused my sudden acid reflux? I took the medicine for 4 days but it made me feel really strange, like i was zoned out and couldn't concentrate on anything so i stopped taking them on doctors orders.

I felt totally normal 2 days after stopping the medication but then I woke up on 3rd day and felt really woozy and light-headed, like i cant balance very well and everything seems delayed... I called the doctors and she denies that beta blockers have anything to do with this.

Ive now had 3 weeks constant 24/7 symptoms of dizziness, bad balance, zoned out feeling and struggle to concentrate... It almost feels like I'm high/drunk all the time or like I'm on rocking boat but I'm no longer taking any medication.

Does anybody have any advice for me or a similar experience? I went to the doctors for acid reflux and feel like I've now got brain damage.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi im the same really woozey im sooo anxious i was on them for few weeks and it was hell. im dizzy my all body is shaky i called DRs but he says its not betablockers not sure what to do.

how are you feeling now??

• Posted

Hello, how are you feeling now? I have had terrible withdrawals from stopping taking beta blockers, including dizziness and feeling like my equilibrium is off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.