Anyone give up Caffeine to hydrate body and help Fissure?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm on my 3rd year of fissure with sporadic relief and then bouts of pain that last all day.  I'm a coffee addict despite knowing it dehydrates the body.  Has anyone let go of coffee and found improvement in fissure pain due to the body being more hydrated?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Simone, why don’t you try decaffinated coffee?  I have and can’t really tell the difference. I’ll try anything if it helps the pain!! I’m now 4 weeks after LIS surgery.  No idea if it helps though sorry. 
  • Posted

Have you had surgery for your Fissure? 
    • Posted

Hi Daz

Thanks for replying.  I don't drink decaf cause it would just make me want real coffee.

No I haven't had the surgery.  The anal/rectal surgeon that I've gone to admits that even though it works initially one is still cutting into muscle and the chance that one may lose control of one's bm's later on in life is a consideration.  So even though he does it he doesn't recommend it lightly.

I'm off coffee for a week now and was sickly for a few days but now feel good.  Still want it in the a.m.  I posted the question cause from different readings it seems that due to toxins much of the water we drink doesn't get to the cells and I've become convinced a well hydrated body can better help people like us heal.

• Posted

I guess it comes down your pain levels. Certainly if you can manage it,  put the surgery off for as long as possible. I couldn’t live another day like I was before I had surgery. I still have 5 hours of pain after bm everyday, sitting on a hot wheat bag right now!! I hope it gets better for us soon! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.