Anyone gone from Seroxat to Wellbutrin (Bupropion)? Need advice please.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I was hoping to get some advice please and quite quickly if possible, thank you in advance.

I was on seroxat (paxil) 20mg then 10mg for 21 years.

I have weaned myself off it completely over the past 5 months and no longer take it.

It has been absolute hell, just awful withdrawals. 

It has been a week since I've been seroxat free. But during these last months I have developed depression that I have NEVER had before.! I had no idea what depression was until I reduced seroxat finally stopping it.

I was put on it for anxiety and slight OCD.

I have become reclusive, I can't motivate myself to do anything. I cry a lot, have anger outbursts. Bad sleep. Just feel so low.

It has been months of feeling like this and I've had enough so decided to research something that would help get me through this. I came across Wellbutrin (Bupropion 150mg XL) I have read mixed reviews but mainly good.

My Dr was not happy prescribing these but I twisted his arm as I really feel I do need something to help me get over the seoxat withdrawal. Or am I being too impatient?

It has only been a week without seroxat but MONTHS of feeling dreadfully low and sad. I've had enough of feeling this way. I had hoped the wellbutrin would help. Dr said not long term. He also said under no circumstances go back on seroxat!

Has anyone tried wellbutrin (Bupropion) 150mg XL once a day on it's own not taken with any other anti depressants and if so please can you advise me about this drug?

I am due to start it tomorrow morning!

Thanks in advance....

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.