Anyone- good bad days 5mg citlopram

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been feeling good one week like i am actually back to normal finally after a incorrect withdrawel 5 weeks ago, then i have night sweats, panic attacks and set backs like today feeling like i am not out of the grip of anxiety and will never get better! i am on 5mgs

Should i start upping the dose?

Stick it out and stablise longer see what happens?

quick question i was on 20mg every other day for 5yrs is that equivelant to 10mgs every day?

thanks

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Mic323

hi

I'm also on 5mg Celexa may I ask why u are on only that amount if u don't mind

I was put on it because the anxiety I have after surgery is not that bad anymore

they told me to stay on it and I am done with week 2 today on them so starting week 3 tomorrow

yes I have the same thing starting the last 3 nights , up around 2 am with fast heart beat 118 then sweating , nausea and headache with anxiety. I ask the same question this late in 2 weeks ☺is it normal to still get does side effects and I say yes .

We need to wait for the Celexa to work in before we're going to see things sup side I guess from what I read and that takes time even on 5mg did not think so but I guess it is

how long have u been on the 5mg ? If I was u I stick it out I will even that I am not doing so good on it at this moment or last 2 weeks . All I'm doing is daily lay on are b ad that's how bad the side effects are and anxiety. Hope it will change soon , just want to be me again .

sorry for carrying on , here for u if u have any questions or just want to talk babsyboo

• Posted

hi there thanks for reaching out.

my situation is slightly different as i am on 5mg due to tapering of citlopram the last 12 months when you try to withdraw from the medicines and then go back up it is very different from just starting again. .when i first started my symtoms were very simliar you have anxiety amplified from what ever dose you have. it took a good few months to fully get the right affect. jeeze just want that stability back so bad.

but such a great drug when it works

• Posted

Hi Mic

I'm on 5mg, reduced from 10 mg over a period of around 9/10 months, been on 5mg for six months. I was having some really good days and some bad days but over Christmas they have been bad days. More anxiety, waking up in the middle of the night with palpitations, skipped heart beats, dry mouth, feeling either too hot or too cold, dizziness, muzzy head, headaches, aching neck and shoulders, aches all over (they move around), tearful, feel like I'm going to pass out oh I could go on.

The temptation i s to increase but I went back to 7.5 for o n e day a few weeks ago and I felt worse. I've played around with doses before and have only prolonged this agony by doing so.

I can only think that it is the extra stress of Christmas and worry over a family member's illness over Christmas that have made things worse.

I don't know if your intention i s to come off all together, mine was but quite honestly if I can settle on 5 then I will be happy.

I wouldn't play around with doses, you'll never settle. If you're on 5mg I'd stick with it until your symptoms subside.

What are your symptoms if you don't mind me asking?

• Posted

hi Sonia thanks for the reply.

been on 5mg for on and off 5 weeks. tried to work upto 10 but went down to 5mg 2 weeks ago. Had a great week then last 5 days been bad yep got the chest palpitations constant anxiety and major panic attacks all day got shakes cant eat want to throw up night sweats ect really annoying cant undersyand why. i mean sure the tight chest and anxiety ok can just about handle but all these extra ones dont know whats happening

i agree messing with doses is bad thought this would all pass by now gonna stick with 5mg longer and see where to go with it.

and yes i am happy to stay on cit forever if it works again never putting myseld thro this again lol

how are you cutting your pills?

have you tried beta blockers for tight chest?

thanks

• Posted

Hi Mic

The yoyo'ing with doses is causing all these problems for you, it did for me. Try sticking with 5mg and give it time, possibly months.

I'm just trying to ride it out, 6 months so far, I don't get the tight chest thing but others have had that. I think I've just about had everything else though.

I thought you had to take citalopram daily, that every other day thing is not something I've heard of. Most people who post here take it daily I think.

Katecogs could best advise you if she reads this.

Good luck and HNY!

• Posted

thanks Sonia,

yeh the chest thing seems to be the main culprit for my issues cant sleep and just loads of adrenaline pumping around my body giving me fight for flight. docter gave me beta blocker for it but worried of interactions with the cit so take 2mg diza before bed. i am taking it every day now as reinstating but maybe didnt cut my pill bang on 5mg one night but pretty sure i did. how do other people measure there dose enough?

• Posted

Hi

About measuring your dose, I cut mine in half with a pill cutter but it usually ends up with one half bigger than the other so I end up shaving the larger half down. I tried a nail cutter but the pills were too wide to fit in the jaw. However, I've ordered a wide edge 4mm straight blade toe nail clipper so I'm hoping that will be more precise. The drama!

• Posted

that is what i have used with success the toe nail clipper.

• Posted

That's reassuring Lois, it wasn't cheap lol.

• Posted

i, too, worry about the pill cutting.....i use a pill cutter but think i didn't cut quite right over xmas and it may have been over 6mg......thinking this caused some side effects and a massive blip. how do you cut yours?......sound like drug dealers here!

• Posted

Hi Lois

Yes, that's what I'm hoping for.

Using a pill cutter isn't accurate, at least not the ones I've got. I don't know if I'm taking nearer to 6mg or 4mg, must have some effect I would have thought.

• Posted

yeh i think this could be my problem lately. super sensative system after withdrawel plus inacuratte cutting even a mg out may have issues for us super sensative CNS folks

• Posted

did you mention its a bit more potent? i struggle with other brands of citlopram for some wierd reason. may give it a go.

• Posted

Yes, I'm sure you're right Mic. I think this may be happening to me.

If you do go on liquid citalopram, as Toria said, take care with the doses. From memory, but you need to check it, one drop is equivalent to 2.5mgs, therefore four drops is equivalent to a 10mg tablet.

• Posted

its only more potent as the tablets contain fillers etc, ive read it is stronger then it isnt so confusing its all about the chemical compound

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.