Anyone got any positive dating stories?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've started dating someone who is negative (he knows and is very accepting) but I constantly think that one day he will just chicken out of the fear gets too much for him,

Anyone got some good stories of dating someone who didn't have it???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I can. When I met my husband, he didn't tell me right from the go that he had herpes, but we weren't sleeping together either. By the time he did tell me, we were already in love, and it didn't bother me. He had actually been abandoned on dates after telling someone he had herpes, so his anxiety about it was high.

I just recently acquired the virus, and I am not upset about it. I love my husband dearly and plan on spending my life with him, so it is not an issue for me. However, he has massive guilt issues about it.

My advice to you, as having been the "clean" person on the other side is: Even if he says he's okay with it, use protection anyway. The onset of the virus was painful for me, and some may say they're okay with you having it, but most birds sing a different tune once the pain hits them. And most people have a hard time wrapping their head around having a lifelong medical condition. I didn't have this problem as I have a medical condition that I've managed since I was a teenager.

So, unless you are both head over heels in love and planning on lifelong commitment that is fully and unwaveringly accepting of each other, tell him to keep it wrapped up.

Much love to you, my dear.

• Posted

Oh yes 100% using protection and suppression

It's mandatory for me, did you get it even though you were using condoms? Or did you just not use them accepting that you will be with this person forever?

Even if I am with him forever I don't want him to get this

• Posted

He is on daily suppression drugs, and I have to admit that we did eventually stop using condoms. I knew it would eventually happen, but I accepted it because I knew we would be together for life. I know it sounds stupid and totally irresponsible, but we would get so lost in passion, and condoms weren't even a thought... what a couple of perverts, right?

• Posted

Nah I get that!!

I do believe that in the end if you're getting married or truly believe you're going to spend forever together it's like f**k it why not

Because it's not bad having this

The worst part of this is disclosing to people which you obviously won't have to do if you're spending your life with someone

I'm just scared to have sex I'm on holiday at the moment and when I get back I know it will be time I'm super horny and super scared ffs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.