Anyone got diagnosed with stage 2 lobular carcinoma of breast oestrogen positive

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone been diagnosed with lobular stage 2 carcinoma of breast oestrogen positive what was your treatment

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I was diagnosed in May   I had masectomy as they found 2 tumors which were too far apart to do lumpectomy.  Cancer did not spread to lymph nodes so did not need radiotherapy as it would not benefit me.  They did a further test which is only done in America  to see whether chemo would benefit me.  Thankfully I did not need chemo as my score was border line.  My treatment is therefore letrozole tablets for 5 years and also zoledronic acid which is given by infusion every 6 months.  This treatment is for 3 years.  I am currently undergoing reconstruction which will hopefully be complete later this year.   

?Please remember everyones treatment is unique to them.  So my advice to you is just to concentrate on yourself and listen to your Surgeon My experience tells me they know what they are doing. 

If you need any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

?Good luck. 

• Posted

Thank you I'm having a lumpectomy in 2 weeks time with node's removed

• Posted

I've got same just had lumpectomy and one node removal everything went fine I'm back to my normal self 4 days later

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.