Anyone got experience of Vagifem irritating after using over a period of time

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I have been using Vagifem since Sept 2016, twice a week and then five times a week since January (on advice). I was seeing improvement over months and then last week things flared up and some symptoms returned. Mainly I have stinging on the outside. Inside things are mosidt. I wondered if this could be the Vagifem?? Anyone else been using it and then this occured?

Thanks

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catherine I was on Ovestin cream for two weeks which burned me horribly so my doctor changed it to Vagifem pessaries as it was supposed to be less spread everywhere but this is day two of it and I've just been shopping and come home almost in tears with the burning of my vagina in and out.  I'm standing here with an icepack on it typing this as no way can I sit down at the moment.  I don't know what to do as without it I am burning and itching and with it I'm burning too. It's a "catch 22" situation. 

• Posted

Hi this is so sad females having to live this way ,I was given Ovestin ,it gave me discomfort,I had to stop it .Ive been put on HRT ,but that again makes this AV worse ,so stopped that now . Ice packs will slow the discomfort down ,but who wants to spend all day having to do that . I agree it's a catch 22 situation ,I've had this on going for 11 yrs now . I had 2 Bartholin glands up over this time , again discomfort in Gyne area . I've also got Pudental Neuralgia going , that makes sitting difficult as in same area . Gives me anxiety as its so uncomfortable down there . I've tried everything from chemist shop . No joy . 

• Posted

do not live in pain ! Make them give you something for the burning pain. My doctor finally gave me Norcos which I only used half or a third until the yuvafem kicked in. Rebuilding the vagina is a very slow imperfect process and there is no reason to have your life come to a halt. I know I spent my time with ice packs in the beginning
    • Posted

Hello Donna !

How are you doing these days? I've been looking out for your posts but maybe I missed something... What did you decide to do about the Mona Lisa ? I remember you had a consultation and that you liked the doctors very much.

Are you still on Yuvafem?

I was on Vagifem daily for 3 months and was doing much better but suddenly the burning came back with a venegeance, don't know why.

I decided to go the laser way myself; Mona Lisa isnt available where I live, but a similar procedure called Renovalase (by another company) is. I had my first session on Monday. The doctor told me some women see changes after one week. Waiting and watching.

Let us know how you are doing!

• Posted

Good luck I really hope that helps you ! I'm not able to afford the mona lisa so just chugging away on yuvafem. Not perfect but way better now. I have so many health problems that it feels like a competition going on in my body !

• Posted

Hi Marion  am suffering with severe burning and itching in the vagina.  On Day12 of Estrace.  Question did it hurt and burn more when you were sitting.  I have been on internet and readng about Pudendal Neurolgia and Vulvodynia.  How do we know we don't have that as well a or instead of AV.

• Posted

Marlene Hi - how did you know you had Pudental Neuralgia? What r your symptoms.  I am suffering.
    • Posted

Hi Linda  I wondered how you were getting on.  It's not good is it. I stand up most of the time I put my ironing up in front of the tv so I can lean on it and also use it as a table to have a snack or use my iPad, I actually like it better than sitting now. Lol. But when I do sit I find sitting on the couch and leaning on a cushion to the side where I don't put pressure on my vagina helps. The things we have to do just to go through the day. I'm finding walking hurts me   

but it's probably because my trousers are cutting into me where indoors I just

wear a loose skirt with no knickers under.   I e had to stop using the Vagifem after 6 days as it burns me like crazy so I'm taking a couple of days off it then I'll go on it twice a week I wish I could get the one that doesn't have fillers in it but my doctor said there isn't one well not here in the uk.  I've been referred to see a gynaecologist now but there is a 20 weeks waiting time unless someone cancels then they'll fit me in. Hope we both feel a bit better soon.  Marion. 

• Posted

Should have said ironing board  oops 
    • Posted

Hi Marion.  Thanks for getting back to me.  I am trying to finish the Estrace which tomorrow is last day before going on twice a week.  Did your burning stop since you stopped vagifem?  Surpirsed there is no compound pharmacy where you can get the cream.  I am concerned that I might have these other things.  Do you feel better in the morning and then it gets worse? 
    • Posted

Marion, have you checked out menopausematters dot co dot UK ? There is a vaginal atrophy forum where many ladies based in the UK have shared experiences and they might have useful ideas for you
  • Posted

Is the outside yeast maybe? I've found the yuvafem can make things a little too moist and have been fighting yeast. I have a prescription for the external yeast that helps I'm doing okay on yuvafem three times a week but notice irritation the day after I use the yuvafem. I don't think I will ever be normal again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.