Anyone had a CT Urography?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am having a flexible cystoscope in a couple of weeks to investigate microscopic hematuria. I only just heard from my GP that this is always in conjunction with a CT Urography. I hadn't been told that and now am convinced that they think something is really wrong with me. She said I had to drink contrast but I'm hoping she is mistaken. I don't have a problem with it injected into a vein but i couldn't drink it!! Apparently it's a whole separate appointment on another day anyway. I just wondered if this is normal, to have this after a scope procedure?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah, it's to cover all angles so completely normal. I had both, just got my CT scan results this morning which were all clear so now going to gynaecologist to be checked out as I pee loads of blood during my period. I had contrast injection for my CT scan, they never mentioned drink.

• Posted

Thanks Bella. She did tell me that this was standard procedure but i suppose I just panicked. It's good to know you got the all clear urology wise. I don't know if my issue is gynae related or not. I have heard that microscopic hematuria can happen in menopause which would tie in with my problem first being noticed. I'm hoping they inject a contrast and there is no need for a drink in addition. Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

It could be gynae, my urologist looked at my scan this morning and said I have a bulky uterus so I checked it out with Dr Google and it can cause endometriosis which can cause peeing blood, particularly in women who have had kids and into menopause. Try not to worry, I know it's hard because I've been driving my family mad and almost planning my funeral. I was up at 5 this morning stressed right out. My doc has given me sertraline for anxiety because I've been so bad. No can understand unless they're experiencing it. Please let me know how you get on.

Take care

• Posted

Thank you Bella. I never thought about endometriosis being connected with my urine problem. I will speak to my Gp about this. You are right, nobody can understand unless they are in your shoes. I'm on the rescue remedy and haven't got a date for the CT yet, still to face the cystoscopy first!

• Posted

Honestly it's not that bad at all. I was so scared of having it and what they might find. The procedure was nothing to be quite honest, I felt it going in but no pain at all. I had a small cluster of blood vessels which aren't supposed to be there so that's got to be where the bleeding is coming from. I'm up early again...body clock is out of sync!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.