Anyone had a cyst for years? Mine is 4 years old today

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was at the doctors yesterday as I'm having pain again in my simple 5cm cyst. She pointed out that it's been FOUR YEARS since it was discovered. In that time it hasn't changed size at all.

I guess ive been lucky in that I've only had 2 or 3 episodes over the years of very bad pain. One ended with a hospital stay and morphine.. i thought it had burst but no. just grumbling. They decided all along to leave it be rather than remove it.

I'm having terrible pain this week after a year of no symptoms. It may be time to insist it comes out.

Anyone else have one for so long?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had a 5cm simple cyst for 2 years before they removed it and it and my ovary. I obviously havent had any more cysts on that side and the other side has only had 2 very small ones come and go over the last 4 years.

• Posted

did they only remove one ovary for you? because my cyst is on the left ovary they did say they would be a chance they would remove it.? and did you feel better after the surgery?

• Posted

how about my entire life ! i had a dermoid cyst which is developed in your mothers belly. the difference is mine grew 10cm and was causing unbearable pain and it was removed for good this may. so happy i sid the surgery and its finally gone

• Posted

hi I have had my 5cm cyst for about 4 months now and I have had to had to admitted twice due to the pain and it caused free fluid in my uterus and appendix which was very painful. I'm waiting to have the surgery to have it removed so I will keep you posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.