Anyone had a gallbladder that wasnt working right?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have no stones but lots of shadows with thickened walls.....never had a severe painful attack just constantly feeling unwell/sick.digestive problems/right rib aches/ rightshoulderblade aches.

Has anyone had a gallbladder that wasnt working properly with NO stones?? If so, what were your symptoms? xxx

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

maybe you have had stones in the past and they have been disolved by what you have been eating. lilke someone i just posted to who had gallstones on her scan and when she got the operation there were no gallstones there because of the food and drink she has been eating. thickened walls are caused by the gall bladder trying to eliminate stones. its like a muscle squeezing all the time and thats what makes the gallbladder thickened. all the work its doing to eliminate stones, its just a though after the last post i read. i wish you all the best vonniexx im going for my operation today.i get those unwell sick degestive problems and am ill almost daily. and as if i have the flu as well its really painfull and horrilbe all my joints are hurting and my flesh feels weird as if im catching the flu. and it all goes in about 5 hours. but can come back i have to be very careful of what i eat. all the best vonniexx
    • Posted

Awww.....hoping you for a speedy recovery!! I bet ur glad your getting the damn thing out lol......keep us updated on how ur doing!!! sending u healing vibes xxx
  • Posted

Hi Vonnie.  I concur with all that Cheeky says.  Also, it may be that any stones haven't shown up on the scans.  It sounds like you are at the early stages of this horrible illness.  I do hope that you don't get the severe attacks.  Let us know how you get on with things.  All the best.
    • Posted

Ive been like this for a couple of years......the symptoms have gradually gotten worse over time with more symptoms appearing. Ive had all sorts of tests done as they wanted to rule out everything else such as hpylori/ gastritis/ulcers ect, i had bloods taken/ xray/ endoscopey and ultrasound. All tests came back fine apart from ulltra sound which showed the gb thickened walls and lots of shadows but no stones. They are now wanting to do a ct scan to have a closer look sad

I was thinking back..... when i was 17 i was hospitalised for 3 weeks with pancritis, i remeber the pain, its was awfully out of this world......i remeber having minor pain  like that years back after but would only last 30 mins only, but not had that for quite a long a while now.  But didnt click on that these mini attacks could have been gb attacks. Just felt like that pancritis attack i had when i was 17 but didnt last that long  and maybe not as painful.

Now my symptoms are.....on and off nausea/ feel like im burning up but no high tempreture/ feeling bloat in upper abdomen for hours and hours and hours sometimes right till the next morning. I get tugging puling sensations on my right side. Feeling like a deep dull bruised feeling in upper tummy....sometimes like a raw feeling. Upper rightshoulderblade aches/ sometimes feels like a trapped muscle....sometimes even get aches on my ribs under my right armpit.  I just feel so unwell all the time!

• Posted

Oh Vonnie, I hear you I really do.  I would say that everything is all related.  And by the sounds of things, that you have just gotten used to dealing with it all.  It will be interesting to see what the CT scan shows too.  I like you had issues for year.  And that dreadful feeling of being unwell all time.  Hopefully you will have some answers and a plan of action before too long.  Look after yourself eh
    • Posted

Hi ive had all the same symptoms plus very soft yellow stools with blood i havent got stones but was diagnosed with an adenomyoma in my gall bladder had colonoscopy and endoscopy a year ago nothing had another 6 weeks ago was diagnosed with diverticular disease and animia they atre not giving me a follow up app for this i also had a fatty meal ultrasound this showed that my gallbladder had shrunk half its size 1 1/2 hours after the fatty meal have to go see my consultant in 2 weeks time im really hoping they will take it out im really fed up with feeling like this

Good luck to you all x

• Posted

Hi - I am suffering with similar symptoms - your description matches mine perfectly!  I have had endoscopy (gastritis) and an abdominal ultrasound which was normal (apart from slightly enlarged bile duct) but these tests were 6 months ago.  I have been suffering for 6 weeks now with these new symptoms and can totally relate to the nausea, "tugging sensation", burning and general unwell feeling - I am battling with GP for further tests but they just seem to want to try different PPI drugs and painkillers.   I hope you feel better soon - please can you keep us updated?
    • Posted

Awww....i soooo know exactly how you feel!! At first they said to me it was ibs then stress then all in mu head!!!! I mean com on.........you know ur own body and when something is not right!!

I had to argue with my gp for an ultra sound!! Finally got one! Even when i saw my surgeon he done the murphys sign on my abodmen....and when he pressed on my gallbladder...it was bloody sore!! which is not right!!

Any way...just waiting to get my ct scan done.....hopefully then that will show that its not in my head lol xxx

• Posted

I did.

I had 3 ultrasounds, and not a single one showed stones, or thickened walls.

But I suffered with dry heaving, dull to sharp pain after eating, especially under my ribcage and in my back, and at times, horrific cramping.

A year ago today, I was hospitalized for a gallbladder attack. I had a HIDA scan, and my EF% came back at almost 80%. My first surgeon said "oh, that still in the normal range". But after doing research online and consulting with a second surgeon, I found out that i had biliary hyperkinesia, or overactive gallbladder. She told me that I shouldn't have left the hospital the first time with my gallbladder.

• Posted

Hi how are u getting on? I just read yr post and you say you have no stones in the gb but shadows, well my scan report says multiple dense shadows suggestive of gallstones - and I've had other scans that said gallstones, they cast acoustic shadows on the scan, so if I were you I'd check with your consultant what your shadows were, mine were stones...
    • Posted

Hi hun......im booked in for another Ultra sound next sat to have a closer look at the shadows. Yes they said the their was lots of shadows but ''no'' stones, which doesnt make sense.  They did say that i could have polyps inside my gallbladder but that shouldnt cause my symptoms sad I feel so rotten right now as my tummy has been feeling off for a whole week more than usual! Lots of on and off nausea/ right  side aches and twinges and more tugging feelings!

Doctor said my symptoms werent the classic signs of gb problems.....im just so fed up with feeling miserable all the time and so unwell, its really put a hold on my life and is stopping me from getting on with doing activities!!

• Posted

Hi combined

Years ago I had a horrible taste in my mouth, kind of metallic taste. I went to dentist as I thought it was an absess but it was all checked and nothing showed. About a year and a bit later, feeling slightly nauseous at times I had terrible pain one night. I went to out of hours doctors and he said deck gallstones. I got morphine injection to get me through the night then next day went to my doctor. I was crying with pain, so sore on right side under ribs, ribs were sore on both sides, burping alot and I had terrible wind!! I had a ultra sound which showed my bile duct was enlarged, doctor said I had probably passed a small stone. The pain passed after a week or so. I have had an MIR scan too which showed no stones, consultant said probably sludge in gallbladder. It is now years later and I have terrible pain in my right shoulder blade which doc says will be muscular but I am sure it is my gallbladder but bloods come back fine. I sometimes feel a b it nauseous. I just feel ok most of time but never get rid of discomfort in my back. My mum and my sister have had their gallbladder removed. It's not easy, makes you feel tired and fed up feeling you have to watch fat content every day!! Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.