Anyone had a retinal tear from a PVD repaired with laser?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had recently 3 days ago received laser treatment to repair a small retinal tear in my right eye. Eye dr said there was a PVD and that i also have some lattice degeneration in both eyes which i just found out about im 42 have nearsightedness at -3.25 in both eyes. I wear contacts and glasses and have always had good eye health. so they repaired the tear and also the lattice that i have in that same eye. They have me scheduled on November 23rd to laser my other eye as a preventative to make the tissue stronger..The laser treatment went good over all has some inflammation first 24 hours but feeling much better now. Still some light floaters i see every now and then which dr said i would probably still see. was wondering if anyone has gone through something similar..thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey i had a pvd with multiple tears in july in my right eye i had a gas bubble put in with laser to weld the retina back in place.it s a success,to answer your question yes its normal to see some floaters i still see 1 and its 4 months later also had cataract surgery in same eye just a month ago

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.