Anyone Had Any Experience With Recurring Ovarian Cysts?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had a laparotomy for a 22cm cyst 8 weeks ago, after being in a lot of a pain still my dr referred me to the hospital for a scan. The scan revealed that the cyst is back already! It's 7cm x 7cm and I am only 8 weeks post op. 

I have been referred straight back to gynaecology and I am absolutely distraught.

I am still not back at work due to the pain and the Dr has signed me off for a further two weeks as I am likely to need more surgery. As any of you will know this whole experience is traumatic enough without having to deal with it twice in such a short space of time. I spent all of the first day crying as weak as that sounds! 

Has as anyone heard of this beforehand? If so, what has happened? I am so upset at having to start right at the beginning again cry

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

On the 28 July 2015 I had a laporascopic surgery for 2 paraovarian cysts on both my ovaries. One was 14cm and the other was 8cm they were both successfully removed. 6 moths after my surgery I had an ultrasound to make sure that they havent returned. On my ultrasound it showed that I still have cysts on my ovaries. I dont know if their big or not. I have a doctors appointment on monday to find out. I want to know if these cysts dont go away and they continue to get bigger will i have to have another surgery or will soomething else happen. And what will happen if they stay the same size and dont change (get bigger or smaller) or cause any pain? I take zoely and metforming daily along wiht other medication. But isnt the zoely suppose to make sure that i dont get more cysts? Im 14 yrs old and have pcos and a lazy thyroid, and hormone imbalances. Can someone please answer. 
  • Posted

Hi Beccy,

I read your post then saw it was over a year ago. But i wanted 2 see how you are doing.

Im in the US so i hope that's ok.

Im 54, but starting in my late twenties i experienced recurring ovarian cysts. I probably had 4 laparoscopic surgeries to drain them. This was long ago as im 54 now. Eek. wink

Eventually, because i had 4 children with the last 2 being extremely premature and told i couldnt carry a baby 2 term, i had a complete hysterectomy. That was 20 yrs ago n im sure medical technology has changed.

Im hoping this message finds you healthy and well. smile

• Posted

I myself have recurring ovarian cysts. They flare up every month, typically when my period would otherwise start and cause me to have late periods. They make my menstrual cramps much worse but my Momma won't let doctors put me on hormone therapy. She thinks additional hormones are unnecessary and possibly harmful.

• Posted

I have recurring overian cyst myself 

I had one removed last week 10cm and I was in a lot of pain due to the fact the left cyst ruptured

My periods are the worse due to the cyst. I feel like some one stabbed me every time I’m on my period

I just got back from an ultra sound and I have another cyst. Luckily it’s only 1.5cm

• Posted

I’ve had my first cyst about a year ago and have gotten 4 more since, my doctor convinced me that birth control was my only hope, so I took them for about 3 months the first month was fine other then my mood and lose of appetite  my period was 3 days instead of 9 and I didn’t throw up the first day like I normally do but as my mood got worse and I couldn’t eat anything except vegetables I did research to figure out natural alternative methods while looking i realized that soy was the biggest contribution to cysts (it makes your Estrogen levels off) now soy being in everything from baby formals to soup hamburgers vitamins and baked goods It makes me think how don’t we get cysts I went to a doctor to get my hormone levels checked and the doctor said that over 80% of people have hormonal imbalances (makes sense when most of the food and products made in the US use so many chemicals that other countries made them illegal) our government puts it in everything and wonders why 21,000 woman a year get diagnosed with ovarian cancer and 4000 woman a year die from it. Any place I read that gives  actual alternatives instead of government made pills says to cut off all soy, microwaved plastics, make up products, face washes, deodorants!! Like what do I use then!!!! How from birth are they allowed to give infant babies chemicals and toxin that kill them, we just let this and wonder why we get sick so often. Can someone help me understand this!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.