Anyone had costochondritis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anybody experienced costochondritis and can tell me if my symptoms sound similar as no doctor is able to give me any clue as to what is wrong and this is the only thing I can find that may match these symptoms. For two weeks I have experienced:-

Throat tightness

Missed heartbeat

A tightening of the wind pipe that comes and goes all day

A sinking feeling in stomach and chest area

An almost vibrating sensation in the throat

General lethargy and weakness

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is really making me miserable. The doctor gave me omeparazole to try but it has made no difference.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Omeparazole didn't help me either. I took it for 6 months and hurt constantly, had no appetite and actually lost weight! I know it is a good drug and works well for many people, but wasn't for me. I have had all your symptoms at one time or another, seem to come and go. I wouldn't try and diagnose someone else, but about all the things you listed can be symptoms of nasty old anxiety!! The harder I try to relax and be calm the worse I will get!😂 My late Mother used to say there was nothing more annoying than a doctor saying "it's JUST your nerves!!! Don't know your age, but when I was young I never gave a thought to going to the doctor. Now that I'm 66 , I have so much fear and health anxiety, I nearly pass out! Take care, this is a good forum, lots if nice people here!😙

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.