Anyone had FiLac Surgery??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am in the process of whether to go for Fistula-tract Laser Closure (FiLaC®wink surgery. I currently have a seton in site and appraising the possibility to have the FiLac or to leave the seton for a longer period of time.

I would really appreciate anyone's feedback.

Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

May I add that my doctor asked me to have a seton for the perianal fistula I have for about two months first and to then have the surgery.
  • Posted

I had a seton for 2-3 years or so. It had to be removed twice. Im on SSI so my insurance will not pay for such a procedure. Nevertheless, given the wherewithal I take that FiLaC surgical procedure without hesitation.

The little research I've done shows this will work.

Let me know what happens because when I save (4-5 years) I'd like to get this surgery.

Craig

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.