Anyone had gastric band in spire parkway Birmingham

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys I'm booked in for my gastric band on 21st may, anyone had surgery in these hospitals ?? Mr Paul super is my surgeon?

I'm bloody crapping myself lol

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes i was banded by Mr Paul Super at Birmingham last November. Β He is very easy on the eyes, lovely bedside manner and puts you right at ease x you will be fine xΒ 
  • Posted

I had my surgery (a band) done by Mr Super end of March. He's good, you'll be fine.

• Posted

I had my band fitted at the spire in Jan this year and my surgeon was Mr Super. He's so nice and will make you feel at ease. The staff are wonderful and the care you get is second to none. I've lost 3 and a half stone so far with no issues. My wounds were glued and the healing time was minimal. you'll be in very good hands and the Op will be over before you know it. Don't forget to get some windeeze for the shoulder pain (trapped has post Op).

Good luck with your journey 😊😊😊😊

• Posted

Thank you so much that's put me at ease, I'm slightly worried as I'm doing liquid diet atm and I only lost 2ib this week.. I paid extra for the over 50bmi I'm just scared they going tell me I haven't lost enough weight.. I haven't been told a amount to lose due to paying extra with the over 50 bmi, it just dieting to shrink the liver..
    • Posted

My bmi was 48 and I was going to have the Op in London but was refused because my bmi was so high. I'm glad I went to the spire instead..much nicer 😊😊

Let us know how you get on xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.