Anyone had global fibroid ablation ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. I have a consult coming up next month concerning global fibroid ablation ( Acessa method/machine). I am wondering if anyone has had this? If yes, what was the size of your fibroid(s) before hand, and did the ablation work to shrink the fibroid(s) and what was your experience of the procedure more generally? I have one huge fibroid, so I may be told that I am not  a good candidate. Any experiences to share would be welcome. Thanks! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jamie. How did your consultation go? I’m a 33 year old woman with approximately a 13cm by 8.5cm by 9cm fibroid on the fundus (top) of my uterus. I’m thinking of having the Acessa procedure in Beverly Hills, CA next month. My husband and I desperately want children. While I have symptoms, I had no idea of the fibroid and only found out about it a month ago because we weren’t concieving. I have spoken with multiple Drs. and most of them want me to have a myomectomy since it's currently the gold standard for fibroids in women who wish to concieve. However, the doctor who would be performing Acessa is confident that he can effectively treat it as long as it doesn't get bigger.

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I have a phone consult tomorrow  - as the physician lives across the country. He now has all my scans & records. I will let you know after we chat what he says about Acessa with larger fibroids. 

What has your doctor said concerning the Acessa? Did he say it would significantly shrink the fibroid? When will you make your decision? Have you spoken to others who have had this procedure? I was surprised more people didn't reply to this post.

Will let you know after tomorrow what this doctor tells me. Good luck with your decision.  Jamie 

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I have a phone consult tomorrow  - as the physician lives across the country. He now has all my scans & records. I will let you know after we chat what he says about Acessa with larger fibroids. 

What has your doctor said concerning the Acessa procedure? Did he say it would significantly shrink the fibroid? Did he mention possible complications? 

When will you make your decision? Have you spoken to others who have had this procedure? I was surprised more people didn't reply to this post.

I will let you know after tomorrow what this doctor tells me. Good luck with your decision. 

Jamie 

• Posted

Hi again,

Had mt consult. The doctor did not think the Acessa procedure would help me, but that is because I have been on rolodex for a long time, and the procedure wouldn't do more than the zolodex has already done in terms o shrinking the fibroid. He suggested a myomectomy as the best option for me.  I have been reading some studies on the Acessa procedure, and they seem so promising. 

Wish you the best. Maybe the procedure would be much more promising for you.

Jamie 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.