Anyone had good results with HRT Elleste duet 1mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi so I plucked up the courage to go to the doctors I really did not want to take anything but I need to sleep which I have not done for about 6 months I am not getting any other symptoms apart from hot flushes I do not get hot sweats sex is fine the only thing is the lack of sleep and hot flushes 😳 and I am beginning to get ratty with the lack of sleep .... So I went doctors today and he said to try Elleste Duet 1mg and see how I get on ? Now the scarery thing is the side affects and I don't take tablets for Anything not even a headache so I am really scared I have not yet collected the prescription I just keep looking at it please if anyone has been taking these tablets could I have your feed back in your experience. Xx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Elleste Duet changed my life - the hot flushes, insomnia, anxiety had hit me very swiftly and I was desperate.  My GP prescribed me Elleste and I haven't looked back. After about a year, the symptoms started to return so I've been on the 2mg version for about 3 years now.  I haven't had any terrible side effects (or any side effects as far as I know) and I'm very hyper aware of anything weird going on.

It's your decision whether to take it or not, but my experience has been a positive one.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks Janie

Hoe long were you on the 1mg before you felt better

x

• Posted

Thanks JanieMac

one question  what symptoms apart from sweats and no sleep did you have? did you have aches and pains aswell and did that also go once you started to take the medication ? i have crones and get imflamation and my fingers feel swollen and i ache like mad so not sure which to put it down too xx

• Posted

I can't remember exactly, but I'm fairly sure I started to feel a lot better after 3-4 days
    • Posted

Hi, is this one in tablet form or can you get patches and gels too?
  • Posted

Hi veronica,

I answered you also on a different thread.

I also hate taking pills, even vitamins as I eat healthily so I should be getting everything I need from food.

I had been put on livial which is a pill and it didn't agree with me, after a lot of research and reading I found you can get a bio identical gel to provide the estrogen part. You rub it onto your arms.

I still take a pill for the progesterone but only 12 days of the month.

It did help with my sleep but only for the first week so I may ask if I can try a higher dose because I'm always so tired. I don't know what's keeping me awake now I always thought it was because I was too hot. But after the first week I'm a lot better so even though I can't sleep at least I don't have to keep putting the covers on and if every 10 minutes.

I have been on the HRT now for just over 10 weeks and lots of things have got better in fact, as I said in my other post for you in really surprised how much I'd been putting up with or just got used to.

• Posted

I take Elleste Duet in tablet form - I'm not sure if it's available via patches or through any other means.  To answer your other question, I'm not sure whether I had any aches and pains due to the menopause - I have a bad back and dodgy knees anyway, which I've had for 20 years. The pain hasn't gone away but then the menopause didn't cause them in the first place.
  • Posted

Hi veronica,

I was just wondering how you got on? I was originally prescribed prempak c but i put on a load of weight (round my tummy) and I have always been slim and active. I have read on other forums that some ladies have put on a lot of weight with Elleste Duet. have you had any problems? And just generally wondered how you were getting on. I hope it is working out for you. I have just taken my first two pills! Hope you have a lovely weekend. xx

• Posted

Just found this thread by googling as I'm still not sure if I should collect my tablets of not, I'm terribly worried about side effects and have to same issue with not even wanting to take pain relief for headaches, I have a overactive thyroid which I have to take tablets for, the Elleste 1mg are the same as what I have been prescribed so wanted to see how others have been on them, I'm only 36 so quiet young for all of this, my memory is the worst thing that's making me depressed, trying to remember words I need for a sentence is embarrassing and getting me down, how are you feeling now after taking them for 3 months xx
  • Posted

Hello I've found this thread as have been prescribed elleste duet 1mg due to osteoporosis risk and night sweats. I've also been experiencing severe irritability and wondered if anyone had noticed a positive effect of this drug on moods? Thanks very much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.